PU teachers hail govt for support PHOTO: FILE
LAHORE: The Punjab University Academic Staff Association, Senate and Syndicate Members have expressed their gratitude to the provincial government and PU administration for taking action against violent elements and help establish peace on campus. In their press statement, ASA office bearers Dr Azhar Naeem, Dr Ayub Afridi, Naeemullah, Syndicate Members Dr Sajid Rashid, Dr Mahboob Hussain and others hailed Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Minister for Higher Education Syed Raza Ali Gillani, CCPO Amin Wains, DIG Haider Ashraf and SP Iqbal Town Dr Umer Farooq for extending full support to PU administration in order to ensure peace on campus. They said that only a very few number of students wanted to disrupt academic and research environment of the varsity. They appreciated PU VC Dr Muhammad Zakria Zakar for maintaining justice and neutrality in the matter.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 19th, 2018.
- Punjab university clashes: Balochistan home minister calls to de-politicise varsity
Home minister also called for a ban on student unions
- ATC sends 196 Punjab University students on 14-day judicial remand
The students were arrested from the university and its hostels last night
- IJT stages sit-in as violent clashes erupt between students at Punjab University
Enraged students also vandalised vehicles parked outside the department
- Govt hikes MSP for wheat by ₹85, pulses by ₹325 per quintal
- COVID-19: Ogun govt. begins remote learning system for teachers, students
- Indiana GOP holding off teacher pay action in 2020 session
- Ola partners with Delhi govt to offer free emergency mobility to citizens
- Covid-19: Most patients in Bihar recover without critical care, govt keeps fingers crossed
- Bihar govt: Don’t charge school fees for March, April
- Scientists hail game-changing immunity test: Government orders 50MILLION antibody testing kits that work in 20 minutes and could be ready by June as Boris Johnson returns to work on Monday
- Govt Releases Alternative Academic Calendar for Schools during Covid-19 Lockdown
- Prince William hails NHS heroes caring for coronavirus victims dying alone as he warns we are not ‘super human’
- Morning Digest: ICMR reports a huge spike in infections in a single day; Govt nod mandatory for FDI from neighbouring countries, and more
- Coronavirus: Trump clashes with New York rival as anger rises over stay-at-home orders
- Rijiju takes note of IOA-ministry clash, says autonomy of NSFs must be maintained at any cost
- Kiren Rijiju takes note of IOA-ministry clash, says autonomy of NSFs must be maintained at any cost
- Govt-backed credit guarantee needed to ensure banks overcome risk averseness while lending: CII
- Freelance tour guides among beneficiaries of govt 62-trillion đồng package
- Freelance tour guides among beneficiaries of govt VND62-trillion package
- Hard for Elected Govt to Have 'Political Will' to Meet with Challenges of Reservation: SC
- Cameroon arrests soldiers for killing civilians in separatist war
- Public sector pay cap: May 'recognises sacrifices of workers'
- Gov’t review panel suggests NSA stop holding massive phone database
PU clash: Teachers hail govt for support have 495 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.