Phu Nhuan Jewelry Joint Stock Company won the award for Asia’s Best Report on the Sustainable Development Goals at the 2017 Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards (ASRA) ceremony in Singapore on February 6.
ASRA is the highest recognition for sustainability reporting in the region.
It was created to encourage more Asian companies to embrace sustainability reporting by CSRWorks International, a Singapore-based sustainability firm.
This year the awards were given away in 17 categories, including Asia’s Best Sustainability Report, Asia’s Best Integrated Report, Asia’s Best Sustainability Report (SME), Asia’s Best First Time Sustainability Report and Asia’s Report of the Year.
Asia’s Best Report on the SDGs was a new category.
PNJ, which took part in ASRA for the first time and in nine categories, was praised by the jury for being in the top eight in many categories.
Rajesh Chhabara, managing director of CSRWorks International and the creator of the awards, said: “The quality of sustainability reporting is a key measure of an organisation’s ability to create, protect and sustain long-term value for shareholders and stakeholders. PNJ’s win at ASRA 2017 demonstrates the company’s leadership in sustainability reporting and a deep sense of commitment to responsible business.”
Le Tri Thong, deputy chairman of PNJ, said sustainable development is a long-term strategic direction of PNJ with society’s common prosperity in mind.
It was a great honour that PNJ’s efforts to spread sustainable values to the community and promote sustainable business reflected in the 2017 Sustainable Development Report have been recognised by the international assessment council through the Asia’s Best Report on the SDGs, he added. — VNS
- G20 countries risk falling short of achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Ghana: Help in the Realization of Sustainable Development Goals--President Akufo-Addo Urges Organized Labour
- Vietnam improves its position on Sustainable Development Goals
- Journalism for sustainable development prizes awarded
- Armenia has already achieved one of Sustainable Development Goals – WB official
- Cities are 'crucial' to meeting sustainable development goals
- Azerbaijan takes steps to achieve Sustainable Development Goals
- Progresses for children help realise Sustainable Development Goals: UN report
- Competition seeks ideas to help achieve sustainable development goals in Vietnam