A £40,000 fund-raising appeal has been launched to fund a operation for an Evesham woman – because she says she has been refused the life-saving treatment on the NHS five times Former veterinary receptionist Dawn Read has been left partially blind due from resistant hypertension, and says the condition will “kill” her. The 54-year-old, who has been suffering with extremely high blood pressure for a decade and has had two strokes as a result, applied to the NHS for an exceptional funding grant for barroreceptor therapy, an operation where the arteries are encased with a wire-type material to lower blood pressure, similar to a pace maker – but has been refused. Mrs Read, of St Davids Drive, who used to foster children, now spends much of her time in hospital due to her debilitating condition, which is causing damage to her organs, and means she is unable to drive, read or work. She said: “It is a bit sad really – I believed you pay your national insurance and pay your dues and the National Health Service should be there when you need it. “It is difficult – I have become very isolated and it has taken my independence away.”… Read full this story
- Belfast surgeon to discuss his use of 3D printing technology in world-first, life-saving operation at SXSW 2019
- Toddler died waiting for three days for bed to come available for life-saving operation
- Drones are now delivering life-saving medicines to remote parts of Ghana
- Drones are delivering life-saving medicines in Ghana. We went to see it happen.
- Life-saving CHOP Pediatric Oncologist Named Citizen Diplomat
- I'm proof that with the right care you're never too old for surgery: Evelyn Cotter, 94, reveals how she forced herself to get fit to undergo life-saving bowel surgery two years ago
- ‘Callous’ conman cheats couple with dementia out of house and life savings
- Baby’s life saved in bagging area by Sainsbury’s worker giving CPR
- Boy’s ‘life-saving’ cannabis oil is confiscated at Heathrow
- Home Office releases ‘life-saving’ cannabis oil to epileptic boy
Evesham woman's 40K fundraising appeal for life-saving operation have 348 words, post on www.worcesternews.co.uk at February 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.