Insurgency poses greatest challenge to the government in a country that is the most populous in Arab World 0SHARES Share Tweet Email A US-made Egyptian army Apache attack helicopters flies from an airfield in an operation against militant hideouts in the insurgency-wracked North Sinai. PHOTO: AFP CAIRO: Egyptian security forces killed 10 militants in an exchange of fire and arrested 400 suspects, including foreigners, in a continuing crackdown in Sinai, the army said in a statement carried by state TV on Tuesday. Based on army statements, around 38 militants have been killed since the latest offensive to crush insurgents blamed for a string of attacks began. Deadly mosque attack puts Egypt Sinai strategy in spotlight Egypt launched a major security operation on Friday involving the army and police against “terrorist and criminal elements and organisations” across the country, according to the army spokesperson. President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who is seeking re-election in March, ordered the armed forces in November to defeat militants within three months after an attack on a mosque killed more than 300 people, the deadliest such violence in the Arab world’s most populous country. Egypt hangs four convicted of deadly 2014 bomb attack The insurgency poses the greatest… Read full this story
- 10 Lessons Learned From Being in Business
- Exploring Egypt's Red Sea and Sharm El Sheikh
- Discovering Ancient Egypt
- Pharaoic Accommodations in Egypt
- Man called 'a spree killer' arrested in Florida after barricading himself in house and shooting at officers
- French Cuisine Influenced By Egypt - They Sure Knew To Cook!
- Pakistan rainstorm kills 45 in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
- Indian Army places order for procuring Spike missiles
- Grinding Horde Levels 1 - 10
- #AtatianaJefferson: Texas Cop Who Shot and Killed the 28-Year-Old Black Woman Is Charged With Murder
Egypt's army kills 10, arrests 400 in Sinai operation have 301 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 13, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.