0 Comments Australia’s deputy prime minister leaves post after harassment claim BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Australia’s beleaguered deputy prime minister has resigned from the cabinet over allegations that he sexually harassed a woman. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/australias-deputy-prime-minister-leaves-post-after-harassment-claim-36635212.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article36635210.ece/40cc4/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_e0ec413d-5651-4b72-82cc-5183f64a2f3d_1 Email Australia’s beleaguered deputy prime minister has resigned from the cabinet over allegations that he sexually harassed a woman. Barnaby Joyce said that while he will exit the Cabinet, he will not resign from Parliament, a move which ensures that Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s single-seat majority in the House of Representatives is maintained. The woman who accused Joyce has not been identified. On Monday morning I will step down as the Leader of @The_Nationals and Deputy Prime Minister of Australia. I would like to thank everyone for offering their support to me, especially the people of New England.— Barnaby Joyce (@Barnaby_Joyce) February 23, 2018 The allegation adds to scrutiny Mr Joyce has faced since news broke earlier this month that he and his former media secretary are expecting a baby in April. Joyce says his Nationals party, the junior partner in the ruling coalition, will pick a new leader on Monday.
- PM hosts former German Deputy Prime Minister
- EAM Jaishankar calls on UAE’s prime minister, discusses post-C economic cooperation
- Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand Prime Minister gives birth to a baby girl
- Daniel Andrews reveals why he NEVER wants to be prime minister – despite calls from die-hard fans for him to take on Scott Morrison
- Who is most likely to be Bihar’s new deputy chief minister
- Rapists will be chemically castrated in Pakistan under new laws approved by Prime Minister Imran Khan
- Cap'n Boris was in Nelson mode, but Keir Starmer couldn't tell a blunderbuss from a bayonet: HENRY DEEDES watches Prime Minister unveil his defence spending plans
- Andrea Leadsom withdraws from British prime minister race, leaving only Theresa May
- Narendra Modi fit to become Prime Minister, says Sushma
- Remembering Indira Gandhi on her 103rd birth anniversary: Rare photos, quotes of India’s first and only female Prime Minister
Australia’s deputy prime minister leaves post after harassment claim have 379 words, post on www.theargus.co.uk at February 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.