High-end graphics processing units (GPUs) were already expensive. But now that they’re being used to mine cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, costs are getting ridiculous. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (1080 Ti for short) is one of the best GPUs on the market right now for PC gaming, but the units are becoming harder to find as retailers can’t keep up with the increased demand brought on by cryptocurrency miners. Many 1080 Ti models are regularly out of stock through online retailers, or are getting marked up to higher and higher prices. SEE ALSO: What happens when governments get into cryptocurrency The 1080 Ti typically goes for around $1,000 or less, and it used to be pretty easy to find online. Now popular retailers like Newegg that sell the GPUs list dozens of models as “out of stock,” while other online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay have prices marked up by hundreds or sometimes even thousands of dollars. What makes the 1080 Ti so appealing to both gamers and cryptocurrency miners is its 11 GB of GDDR5X memory running at 11 GBps, which means it can handle a lot of processes very quickly. For gamers, this means high-quality imaging and high… Read full this story
- What Causes Women's Hair Loss? A Look at 7 Common Causes of Female Hair Loss
- What Are The Main Causes Of Hair Loss
- Insomnia Causes Can Be Difficult to Determine-But Are Critical For Long Term Relief
- Various Back Pain Causes
- What You Should Know About The Causes Of Low Blood Pressure
- What Causes Enlarged Prostate Conditions In Men Over The Age Of 50
- Turning a Non-Gamer Into a Gamer
- Shortage of Spanish Speaking Hospital Workers and Doctors Causing Conflicts
- Building Computers: Is It Harder to Build a Gamer?
- How to Handle a Cash Shortage with Invoice Factoring
The cryptocurrency craze is causing a shortage that gamers aren't going to like have 307 words, post on mashable.com at January 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.