Scammell show the way New Year – and a story of a Watford firm’s success to give it a good send-off. It comes from Scammell Lorries, who announced this week that in the last three months of 1964 they secured export orders valued at “well over £1,000,000”. This, they say, represents more than double the orders for the same period last year. They point out, too, that they have been obtained in the face of heavy and increasing competition from the USA and Western Europe. Scammell have found the main markets for their lorries and semi-trailers in South Africa, India, Australia and the Middle and Far East. But they have also extended their influence by what they call a “substantial breakthrough” in the East European countries of Poland, Hungary, Yugoslavia and East Germany. [January 1, 1965] “Clean up our air” The need to promote welfare of the old and poor, to ensure clean air, and to combat noise and accidents are stressed in a new report by Dr W. Norman-Taylor, medical officer of Watford rural. Looking ahead, Dr Norman-Taylor foresees the next advances on public health concentrated on the social front, with the welfare of older people one of the… Read full this story
- Nordstrom Opens 7-Level Department Store in NYC
- Opinion: Concerns Over Dedham Gun Store Opening Soon
- Sleek, behemoth Nordstrom to open in Midtown — defying death of department stores
- Mac App Store opens doors to developers
- Scottish department store Watt Brothers goes into administration
- Microsoft Store Opens Near Seattle This Week
- First Canadian Microsoft Store Opens Nov. 16
- Apple Store opening draws rave reviews
- No-Checkout 'Amazon Go' Store Opens Monday in Seattle
- When Do Stores Open on Black Friday (and Thanksgiving)?
Nostalgia: Town's most luxurious department store opens in January 1965 have 290 words, post on www.watfordobserver.co.uk at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.