Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. PHOTO: FILE PHOTO
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has said that the decision of the people will be respected and implemented diligently by the government after general elections, which are scheduled to take place this year, Express News reported.
“The government will be formed by those who have been given the mandate to do so by the people of Pakistan,” PM Abbasi was quoted as saying.
Addressing the opening ceremony of the National Incubation Centre (NIC) in Peshawar on Saturday, the prime minister observed that whenever Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) came into power, the nation was struggling economically because of the corruption and incompetence of the previous regime.
“Work is not accomplished through empty promises or revolutionary rhetoric, but by doing actual work. Unfortunately, there are some who want to hinder development by criticising and trying to stop people from working,” Abbasi remarked.
PM Abbasi told the audience that only those who finished development projects would go ahead, all others will be sent packing. Despite all this, he maintained, the journey of democracy in the country will continue.
“The people’s decision will be respected and implemented by the government four or five months from now. Whoever gets the mandate to form the government will be allowed to do so,” he added.
The prime minster said that the PML-N government had actually got work done.
“We constructed motorways thousands of kilometers long. Although the government cannot possibly take care of every little problem, it can act as a facilitator in resolving issues.”
“The world has changed. The country has to move towards information technology (IT) now. It is the only way to tackle youth unemployment across Pakistan,” Abbasi noted.
Listing the achievements of his government, the prime minister said that the present administration had ensured the distribution of 3G and 4G licenses was fair and transparent.
“We hope that this institute (NCI) proves to be a landmark, and leads to the set-up of similar organisations in the IT sector.”
- PM Abbasi, Gen Qamar visit SSG Headquarters in Cherat
PM Abbasi also fired few weapons used by the SSG
- No safe havens exist for any terrorist outfit: PM Abbasi
PM reiterates that there are no attacks taking place from Pakistan on Afghanistan soil
- IT ministry asked to ensure broadband connectivity across remote areas
PM Abbasi asked ministry to ensure cheap broadband connectivity across country
- 'The whole country will suddenly develop a dry cough': No10 and Treasury slam Matt Hancock's 'bonkers' plan to PAY people who test positive £500 Covid handouts to 'encourage more swabs'... at cost of HALF A BILLION POUNDS A WEEK
- PM Modi pays tributes to Swami Vivekananda
- PM Modi to launch vaccination drive in India, likely to meet with beneficiaries
- Govt declares Netaji Bose's birth anniversary as 'Parakram Diwas'
- Recent victory by Indian cricket team has a message for the youth: PM Modi
- Marriyam Aurangzeb lashes out at NAB, govt over Broadsheet scandal
- Don’t fall for rumours on COVID-19 vaccine: PM Modi advises Indians
- PM Modi addresses rally in Assam, says many denied land ownership for years: Highlights
- Met Police chief Cressida Dick says it is 'preposterous' people could not be aware of coronavirus laws as she vows to challenge and fine people who flout them
- Netaji’s birth anniversary: PM Modi to address Parakram Diwas in Kolkata on June 23
- Acting PM calls thousands of Australians who lost their jobs during the pandemic 'lounge lizards' who should 'turn off Netflix' and work in the bush in yet another insulting gaffe
- Germany to repurpose refugee camps to detain people who repeatedly flout Covid rules by going out when they should be quarantining
- What does the consent form that must be signed by Covaxin recipients say?
- PM Modi called my dispensation 10% commission govt., says Siddaramaiah
- Stay away from rumours, PM Modi says during vaccine roll-out
- Both vaccines safe, only 0.18% adverse events: Govt
- Farmers protest: Govt ready to suspend laws for 18 months; next meeting on Jan 22
- Govt's offer best for farmers; Hopeful that unions will reconsider it, says Narendra Singh Tomar
- Farmers Protest: Govt will present its side before SC panel, says Tomar
- PM Modi exhorts youths to defeat 'network of lies and rumours' on COVID-19 vaccination with right information
Next govt to be formed by those given people's mandate: PM Abbasi have 741 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 13, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.