The Tamil Nadu-based company is setting up new power project, totalling 1,980 MW under Joint Venture NLCIL-UPRVUNL (Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd) with share holding of 51:49 respectively.
The project is located in Ghatampur in Uttar Pradesh and project activities were on in full swing, the company said in a statement, adding that an expenditure of Rs 1,192.29 crore has been incurred so far.The signing of documents relating to the loan arrangement took place today in Puducherry in the presence of Coal Ministry, Secretary, Susheel Kumar, NLCIL Chairman and Managing Director, Sarat Kumar Acharya, Power Finance Corporation, Chairman and Managing Director, Rajeev Sharma.
NLC India Ltd has agreed to the loan arrangment of Rs 11,067 crore with consortium led by Power Finance Corporation, including State Bank of India, Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd.
“The sanctioned project cost is Rs 17,237.80 crore and is planned to be funded with a debt equity ratio of 70:30”, the statement said.
The loan arrangement for the project has been made through a transparent open tendering process, giving advantage of competitive rate and is expected to result in savings of more than Rs 700 crore in project cost, it said.
- Odisha CM urges Centre for early execution of TTPS stage III project
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, lay foundation stone of several projects: Check details
- Power structure balance required
- Capital mobilisation query leads power plan analysis
- GE to provide power generation equipment for 1,200 MW Pulau Indah plant
- Indonesia’s huge solar power potential still going to waste
- Gas-based power producer OTPC gets green nod for third unit in Tripura
- DBS Bank commits to zero thermal coal exposure by 2039
- Restoring Earth, China on the move to achieve carbon neutrality, more biodiversity
- Tech-powered prepaid meters and smart meters to accelerate energy-efficiency in power sector: Kapil Mohan
- AboitizPower lines up RE projects
- Libertas Christian School Sues To Stop Closure By Michigan Governor Whitmer’s Administration
- Thai Power Firm’s Business Tactics ‘Use Burma’s Weak Laws’
- It won't take much for Vietnam to develop nuclear power
- ESR delivers strong financial performance in FY2020 and hits US$30 billion in AUM a year ahead of schedule
- Meituan Announces Financial Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2020
- Desktops Are Faster and More Powerful Than Laptops — These 5 Are Worth Your Time
- IMF projects 6% growth for global economy
- HomePod latest news, problems, sales figures and projections
- TCN boss tasks W/African power pool members on increased electricity
NLCIL achieves financial closure for UP thermal power project have 412 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 31, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.