A Canadian orchestra launched a sexual harassment investigation after receiving a complaint that names renowned conductor Charles Dutoit, a spokesman said Sunday.The probe by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, where Dutoit served as music director for nearly 25 years, comes after the Associated Press on Thursday reported allegations against him by three opera singers and a classical musician who said he sexually assaulted them in incidents between 1985 and 2010.Dutoit’s office issued a statement saying those allegations “have absolutely no basis in truth.” An email to his office seeking comment on the new complaint was not immediately returned Sunday.The Montreal Symphony Orchestra said its executive committee on Saturday decided to have an independent, third party conduct an investigation following the complaint to “establish the relevant facts” and make recommendations on how to prevent sexual harassment.Spokesman Pascale Ouimet confirmed that the complaint refers to Dutoit. He also said it was not made by two women named in the AP’s story.The four women who spoke to AP said the Swiss-born conductor physically restrained them, forced his body against theirs, sometimes put his tongue in their mouths and, in one case, stuck her hand down his pants.Eight major symphonies have ended their relationships with… Read full this story
- DVCShop.Com Launches Updated Website With New User-Friendly Interface
- Hartford Symphony Orchestra to Present 'Beethoven and Ravel'
- Hartford Symphony Orchestra to Perform 'Scribing the Void'
- Hartford Symphony Orchestra to Host Concerts
- Boston Symphony Orchestra cancels concerts amid coronavirus outbreak
- Hartford Symphony Orchestra to Present 'Snow, Moon and Flowers'
- Boston Symphony Orchestra Cancels East Asia Tour Over Coronavirus Concerns
- Michigan lawmaker claims that Sen. Peter Lucido sexually harassed her following her 2018 election victory - a week after a journalist said the politician made sexist remarks
- Ferrari confirm new Charles Leclerc long-term contract amid Lewis Hamilton links
- NASA's long-delayed James Webb telescope has a 12 percent chance of actually launching on time, says new study from the US government
Montreal Symphony Orchestra Launches Harassment Probe Following New Charles Dutoit Claim have 336 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at December 24, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.