EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) — Allie Leclaire made four 3-pointers and scored 22 points, Jessica Lindstrom had 12 points, 10 rebounds and four assists, and No. 21 Green Bay beat Northwestern 63-57 on Tuesday.
Green Bay scored the first seven points of the game and never trailed. Leclaire made back-to-back 3-pointers to start the second quarter, capping a 9-0 run spanning the break, for a 21-9 lead.
Northwestern pulled within 44-42 early in the fourth but Green Bay answered with an 11-1 run to extend it to 55-43 after consecutive 3-pointers by Leclaire and Jen Wellnitz.
Caitlyn Hibner added 14 points for Green Bay (10-1), which lost to No. 5 Mississippi State on Nov. 25. The Phoenix entered allowing a nation-best 46 points per game, holding four opponents to 40 points or less.
Abi Scheid scored 13 first-half points to reach double figures for the 11th time this season and she finished with 17 points to lead Northwestern (6-7). Lindsey Pulliam added 15 points, Byrdy Galernik had a career-high 13 points and five assists, and Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpanah grabbed 12 rebounds.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- No. 22 Indiana women beat Michigan, finish fourth in Big Ten
- Packers draft picks 2020: NFL Draft grades by team, all of Green Bay's selections
- Coronavirus prompts some residents to leave Bay Area
- US women's soccer team dealt major blow as judge throws out players' claims that they were underpaid when compared to the men's national team
- 2020 NFL Draft: Aaron Rodgers among veterans hurt by team's selections, A.J. Green looked at as a winner
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd T20, Thiruvananthapuram, Highlights: IND beat NZ by 6 runs, win series 2-1
Leclaire scores 22, No. 21 Green Bay women beat Northwestern have 266 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 19, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.