Thua Thien-Hue (VNA) – The ancient imperial city of Hue in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue was recognised as an ASEAN Clean Tourist City at the ASEAN Travel Forum and Travex International Tourism Trade Fair in Thailand at the end of January.
According to Deputy Director of the provincial Department of Tourism Nguyen Van Phuc, the indicators for ASEAN to evaluate a clean tourist city include environmental management, clean streets, waste management, community awareness of environmental protection, green spaces, health safety, urban security, and infrastructure.
Meanwhile, the Lang Hanh Huong (Pilgrimage Village) resort in Hue city won the title of ASEAN Green Hotel Award for its environmentally friendly operational activities, use of green products, solid waste management and efficient use of energy and water, air quality management, noise pollution control, sewage treatment and management, and management of toxic waste and chemical substance discharge.
Last year, the Pilgrimage Village received the Accommodation Award for Sustainable Successes by Chamaleon Reisen GmbH, a German travel agency.
The awards will help drive forward local efforts to build green and sustainable hotels and increase the province's competitiveness against other tourism destinations in the country and beyond, Phuc said.
In 2018, Thua Thien-Hue strives to welcome about 4-4.2 million tourists, a year-on-year rise of 10 percent, with 40-45 percent being international vacationers.
Tourism revenues are projected to increase 15 percent to reach 4-4.2 trillion VND (175.2 – 183.5 million USD).
This year, the Hue Relics Preservation Centre will continue promoting the tour "Hue – one destination, five heritage elements", including Hue imperial relic complex, "Nha nhac" (Hue royal court music), woodblocks and imperial records of the Nguyen Dynasty (1802 – 1945), Han (Chinese scripts) poetry inscribed on the Hue royal architecture, which were recognised by UNESCO as world heritage items.-VNA
- MEA teams up with EGAT and SRT in EV drive to achieve a clean-energy city and economic restart
- Vietnam Sees Increase of Chinese and Korean Tourists
- Hue renovates Nguyen Dynasty altar
- Asean News Headlines as at 9pm on Saturday (June 26)
- Asean News Headlines as at 9pm on Friday (June 18)
- Admiring slice of time on vestige in Hue Imperial Citadel
- Pop idol Dong Nhi attends ASEAN Japan Music Festival 2021
- Ho Chi Minh City Goes Global: A floating market and waterway tourism, why not?
- Developing Asean is getting old before getting rich, and pensions aren't keeping pace
- Asean News Headlines as at 9pm on Sunday (July 4)
- Airbnb ‘paid tourist $7MILLION after rape at NYC rental & has ‘black box’ clean-up team to keep horror stays secret’
- Italian city’s drastic ban on walking at night
- Taj Mahal welcomes tourists after two months
- Global leaders commit to accelerate transition to clean energy by 2030
- Hoi An listed among top ten car-free cities in the world
- Sylvia Deutsch, a Force in New York City Land Use, Dies at 96
- Singapore’s Investment Outlook for 2018 - ASEAN Business News
- How to Set Up in Thailand - New Issue of ASEAN Briefing Magazine - ASEAN Business News
- The Philippines’ New Tax Reform Package Approved - ASEAN Business News
- Gov't Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry
Hue recognised as ASEAN Clean Tourist City have 505 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.