Blasting America’s parents with the teen-shaking shout, “Go Johnny go!” Chuck Berry, dead at 90, taught the world to rock. It took the sly blueberry thrills of Fats Domino, gone at 89, to add the roll.The absurdist red smoking jacket of Hugh Hefner, 91 ushered in a sexual revolution of pouty Playmates and upscale urges. It was Mary Tyler Moore, 80, who tore up that centerfold, proving that even sexier could be a spunky, single career woman on TV.Apollo astronaut Gene Cernan, 82, was the last human to walk on the moon in 1972. Only six moonwalkers remain, but all left footprints, untouched in the lunar dust nearly a half-century later.Everyone, from the most high-flying to the earthbound among us, leaves a mark, an echo, an imprint on those around them and those to come. And sometimes those influencers, whether superstar athlete, embattled world leader or a family’s favorite relative, don’t realize the impact they’re having, the inspirations, learnings or complications they leave behind.This year’s PASSAGES is more than a list of notable remembrances. In many ways it is a final coda to a century gone by.The archaic sounding “1900s,” from first flights, silent movies, the Depression, two world wars,… Read full this story
- G6, G5 and 5G: Everything from Mobile World Congress press day
- The best makeup transformations yet: Celebrity artist reveals his key beauty secrets - and how he makes his clients look decades younger in SECONDS
- The best new games in April 2017: which games are worth playing and why
- What to expect from Apple in 2017
- Intel in 2017: still the leader, but for how long?
- The Most Memorable Environmental Justice Wins of 2017
- Two Looming Volcanic Eruptions Could Slow Climate Change, But They Aren't Going to Stop It
- The World's Top
- The 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R is Our Weapon Against Crossover Domination
- The State Of PC Gaming In 2017
A look at those who changed the world and left us in 2017 have 326 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 19, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.