Antoni Macierewicz, who has been Poland’s defense minister since 2015, is so influential in nationalist and right-wing circles that he enjoys considerable autonomy within government and the Law and Justice (PiS) party led by former Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski. Macierewicz, who served as interior minister in the early 1990s, is considered something of an expert when it comes to tracking conspiracies (or, his critics say, inventing conspiracy theories) and the murky networks of former agents of the secret services of Poland’s pre-1990 Communist government or Russia. In his role, Macierewicz continues to fuel speculation that — contradictory to the opinions of mainstream experts — the Kremlin had a role in the 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed Lech Kaczynski, the PiS leader’s twin brother and the president of Poland at time, and many others.Gazeta Wyborcza. The reporter describes Macierewicz’s suspicious acquaintances, collaborators and relationships over the years. Piatek analyzes the defense minister’s longtime cooperation with a former Communist security agent (despite full knowledge of the apparatchik’s past), for one example, and Macierewicz’s relationships with supporters of Russian President Vladimir Putin in Poland and abroad.’Working hypotheses’ Following the money as relates to Macierewicz’s career has led Piatek to the mighty mobster Semyon… Read full this story
- Wolfgang Ischinger on Northern Syria: German Defense Minister's Proposal 'Deserves Recognition'
- Patriots Reportedly Re-Signing Defensive End John Simon
- Report: A Woman (of Course) Secretly Donated $5.5 Million to Woman Artists Over Two Decades
- John Kelly Reportedly Told Scott Pruitt to Please Try to Knock It Off With All of the Scandals
- White House Staffers Reportedly Told a Psychiatrist Trump Was 'Unraveling'
- New Toyota Supra Will Reportedly Be Sold With A Dual-Clutch Transmission Only
- Lotus Reportedly Working On Chiron-Baiting $2.5 Million Electric Hypercar
- Iran denies Israeli accusation of ‘secret atomic warehouse’
- Mattis: Trump says defense chief’s job is ‘100 percent’ safe
- [Report] Who owns the flights market in search?
The Polish reporter who told PiS defense minister's secrets have 331 words, post on www.dw.com at November 7, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.