New details have been released on the case of Kenneka Jenkins, the 19-year-old Chicago teen found dead in a hotel freezer in early September.
According to dozens of police reports, a worker at Rosemont’s Crowne Plaza O’Hare Hotel discovered the teen lying face down on her side inside the industrial walk-in freezer, CBS Chicago reports.
She only had one shoe on and there were no signs of trauma, except for a small cut on her foot.
Jenkins’ death sparked widespread outrage, with many people accusing her friends of being involved. Several pals of the teen told police they received death threats after the body was discovered, the police reports reveal. Her mother also refused on two different occasions to let officers analyze Jenkins’s cell phone.
The documents also stated that the hotel initially checked the exit and entrance surveillance cameras and then went back and looked at footage showing the hallways.
Several videos were released last month showing Jenkins stumbling, presumably drunk, down hallways and into the kitchen where her body was later found.
Many people, including Jenkins’ mother Teresa Martin, wanted to see footage of the teen walking into the freezer but a hotel spokesman said no such footage exists because there’s no camera aimed at the freezer.
The kitchen does, however, have a motion-sensor camera. CBS Chicago reports that the device was not activated for weeks until Jenkins’ body was discovered.
Chicago police officers spent weeks interviewing witnesses and questioned the teen’s friends on a tip they received on social media alleging that Jenkins was murdered by a gang for $200.
A friend at the party told police that the money was the amount of the fine they received for illegally parking in the hotel’s lot.
Jenkins’ death was ruled an accident due to hypothermia, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Officer announced earlier this month.
An autopsy report stated she had alcohol and topiramate, an epilepsy and migraine medicine, in her system. Her mother has said Jenkins did not have a prescription for the medication.
- Bombshell report reveals new details about Trump’s Oval Office meeting with Russians after he fired Comey
- Leaked iOS code reveals new details about the iPhone 8’s home button
- A 2013 court document provides new details on the life of the Las Vegas shooter
- KL Folks Can Now Make Online Police Reports For These Types Of Cases
- New details about the fatal Tesla Autopilot accident reveal the driver’s last minutes
- Bottled water is a scam for most Americans — but a new report reveals some surprising places where it’s dangerous to drink the tap
- Oracle is ready to reveal ‘bombshell’ details about Google’s Android business
- Police add more confusion to Oscar Pistorius case
- Police ensure safety of Espinosa family after case downgrade
- New details emerge about Tunisia gunman’s past
- Mum In Melaka Lodges Police Report Against A Headmistress For Caning Her Daughter
- New details from Mueller about Michael Flynn is ‘big trouble’ for top Trump officials — including Kushner, Conway, and Miller
- Fake dentist’s activities came to light after she made police reports against customers who didn’t pay up: Report
- Johor Woman Forced To Lodge A Police Report After Ex-BF Turns Out To Be An Abusive Idiot
- ‘There was lettering written in his own blood’: New details have emerged about the night of the Dallas police shootings
- One of the US’s biggest police departments has a deal that helps it get away with filing false police reports
- Raids reveal new terror plot
- Top GOP congressman reveals harrowing details about White House intruder who went undetected for 17 minutes
- Leaked code from Apple has seemingly revealed big new details about the iPhone 8
- One of Apple’s partners accidentally revealed a detail about the new iPad Pro that Apple didn’t tell us about
Police reports reveal new details on Kenneka Jenkins case have 621 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 16, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.