EAST AUSTIN, TX — The oh-so-hip Houndstooth Coffee chain will be opening a shop in East Austin this fall but with a twist: Not only will it serve up java, but liquor unlike its two other counterparts in the city, according to a published report.
The Austin 360 blog reports the Houndstooth coffee shop under development along East Martin Luther King Blvd. will boast of a liquor license, meaning patrons will be able to order beer, wine and cocktails in addition to caffeinated beverages.
To be sure, this is a departure for the trendy shops. The Congress Avenue location only has coffee while the one on North Lamar Boulevard does offer beer and wine — but no cocktails.
The blog notes that while the case of a coffee place serving up liquor is rare, it’s not non-existent. The 24-hour Buzz Mill on Riverside Drive, the blog noted, infuses some of its caffeine concoctions with liquor. How about beer at coffee shops? Well, that’s just old hat, says the blog.
Aside from its unusual menu offerings, the future coffee shop at 2823 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard will be in the mixed-use development Platform featuring plenty of seating around a large, U-shaped counter and small outdoor patio.
Near the light rail line, the East Austin Houndstooth will cater largely to the happy hour and late-night crowds, says the blog, and stay open until 11 p.m. on weekdays and midnight on weekends to that end.
(Sign up for daily newsletters and breaking news alerts from Patch by clicking here.)
Image via Shutterstock
- Evanston Restaurants Offer Delivery, Carry Out During Coronavirus
- These restaurants are offering takeout and delivery during the coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Area Restaurants Offering Takeout And Delivery Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Instagram rolls out 'Co-Watching' feature that lets users scroll through their feeds together via video chat in an effort to promote social distancing
- Machine Gun Kelly spotted KISSING new Instagram model girlfriend Sommer Ray while shopping at mall despite coronavirus fears
- East Bay Stay-At-Home Survival Guide: Food Delivery And More
- Wheaton Businesses Offer Pickup, Discounts: Coronavirus Closures
- San Francisco announces three week lockdown: Residents are BANNED from leaving home after midnight on Tuesday for anything but doctor's visits or grocery shops to fight coronavirus
- John Lewis closes all 50 shops for first time in its 155-year history due to coronavirus (including flagship Oxford Street store that last closed when it was bombed by the Nazis in 1940)
- In search of junub, the hippie spirit of Iran's south
- It's thirsty work living through a global crisis! New York bartenders keep the city's drinkers supplied with cocktails to go
- Cluster of delivery men gather outside exclusive restaurant Carbone to pick up 150 orders of take-out as NYC's most exclusive restaurants shut their doors to dine-in customers
- Walmart plans to hire 150,000 new workers who have been laid off by restaurants and bars to help meet demand for deliveries during the coronavirus pandemic
- review: A quarantined life has never been cuter
- Save A Server, Help A Restaurant: Order Takeout In L.A.
- Marriott CEO says coronavirus is worse than the Great Depression and World War II as he cuts his salary to $0 - while Goldman Sachs says unemployment claims have already risen to TWO MILLION across the US
- From wine 'milk rounds' to cask ale in a carton: Innovative ways British pubs have set up delivery services to supply the nation after being handed special powers during coronavirus shutdown
- Texas man, 23, is ARRESTED for lying about testing positive for coronavirus in social media post sparking panic that jammed hospital phone lines
- TJMaxx, Marshals and IKEA close all US stores due to coronavirus pandemic - as experts warn that millions across America could lose their jobs after unemployment claims skyrocket by 70,000 in a week
- Cops will start using DRONES fitted with night-vision cameras to patrol neighborhoods and catch people breaking stay-at-home rules
Houndstooth Coffee Shop In East Austin To Feature Uncommon Menu Offering: Booze have 637 words, post on patch.com at October 7, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.