In celebration of the one-year anniversary of Workplace, Facebook has launched a new desktop app to facilitate group chats.
Workplace Chat has always been available via mobile apps and in the browser on a PC, but now there’s a fully-fledged desktop app for PC and Mac, something which has been on the wish-list of many for a while now.
The desktop software offers the same features as seen on the mobile apps. It includes one-to-one or group chats, and also file sharing, plus screen sharing, the latter of which will be a definite boon in the business environment.
There are some slightly more frivolous trimmings, too, such as ‘@mentions’, message reactions, and the usual GIFs to throw in for a bit of color.
Facebook also revealed that in the coming weeks, group video chat will be rolled out on both desktop and mobile apps.
Additionally, Facebook is giving existing Workplace apps a fresh coat of paint with a new look which is more consistent across different platforms.
In a bit of trumpet-blowing accompanying the release of this software, Facebook noted that some 30,000 organizations are now using Workplace across the globe, and that number has doubled since April.
No less than a million plus groups have been created on Workplace to date.
- Maybe you’ll use the Workplace app with one of our best business laptops
- Updated Windows 11 PC Health App Details Why You Can’t Update to Windows 11
- Facebook launches two new Portal video-calling devices
- HP Envy All-In-One PC: HP announces Envy All-In-One PC with 34-inch 5K display and Nvidia RTX 3080 GPU
- Far Cry 6: Here's how PC will have an edge over consoles
- Facebook, Instagram Users Will Soon Be Able To Send Each Other Direct Messages
- Facebook Rushes to Defend Itself Following WSJ's Damaging Reports on Teen Safety
- Facebook’s Next Target: The Religious Experience
- Facebook Portal: Facebook launches new models of Portal video chat device
- Facebook to Change News Feed to Focus on Friends and Family
- Google to add privacy labels to Play Store apps
- Google expands in New York with $2.1 billion office purchase
- Through The Looking Glass: Why Facebook’s Camera-Enabled Glasses Will Fail
- Kiwi who unfriended Facebook backs Brexit Britain to ‘go its own way’ on privacy
- Updated PC Health Check app will actually tell you
- On a tiny island invaded by cane toads, this handbag has become an unlikely solution
- How to Use the BIOS and EUFI PC Controls On Your PC | Digital Trends
- Van Heusen signs Jacqueline Fernandez as brand ambassador for its new denim brand
- Apple, Google raise new concerns by yanking Russian app
- ssd: Western Digital launches new WD Elements SE SSD
- This new WhatsApp feature will protect users from abusive, spam messages
Facebook's Workplace invades your PC with a new app have 435 words, post on www.techradar.com at October 26, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.