A new mom who had just given birth to her third child died after she was crushed in a hospital’s elevator in Spain.
Local media outlets report that the tragic accident happened Sunday afternoon, a few hours after 25-year-old Rocio Cortes Nunez gave birth via Caesarean section to her daughter Triana at Seville’s Our Lady of Valme hospital.
According to The Telegraph, Nunez was being wheeled out of an elevator when it started to go up, trapping the mom of three against the ceiling. The outlet reports that the elevator Nunez was in wasn’t working properly, so hospital personnel were attempting to move her to another elevator.
It’s believed that before the worker could get the stretcher completely out of the elevator, it started to rise with the doors still open.
Nunez’s exact injuries have not been revealed, but local outlets reported that she was crushed to death. BBC reported that Nunez’s newborn daughter was with her at the time of the accident, but was not hurt.
Firefighters were called to the hospital to try and free Nunez. It reportedly took two hours before her body could be removed.
“This can’t be so,” her husband, Jose Gaspar, told ABC Sevilla. “Today it was Rocio but tomorrow it could be someone else.”
Regional Health Minister Marina Alvarez called the accident “unusual and tragic” and said an investigation has been opened, BBC reports. Alvarez also said the elevator had passed a safety test earlier this month.
- My mother-in-law snuck into my hospital room to watch me give birth – she hid in the loo and recorded the whole thing
- Gesti tested positive for COVID a day before giving birth. Three weeks later, the virus took her life
- One State’s Approach to Maternal Deaths: Free Nurse Visits After Birth
- Disney Channel Star Tiffany Thornton Gives Birth to Baby No. 4 - E! Online
- Woman gives birth at 57 – making her one of America’s oldest new mothers
- Killer mum, 24, who crushed newborn baby's skull and dumped body avoids jail
- Mother's Day 2021: Childbirth and motherhood through the lens of 'pandemic moms'
- Mandy Moore Recalls 'Harrowing' Birth of Newborn Son Gus: My Plans 'Went Out the Window'
- Counting On: Duggar Family Celebrates 6 Pregnancies — and Mourns Death of Grandma Mary
- Gigi Hadid Recalls 14-Hour Labor While Detailing Baby Khai's At-Home Birth - E! Online
- Meghan McCain Gets Real About the Euphoria (and Mess) of New Mom Life: 'I Can't Believe How Obsessed I Am'
- The Terrifying True Story Behind Peacock's Dr. Death - E! Online
- Oklahoma mom arrested after throwing party for 12-year-old daughter’s BABY that girl had with ‘boyfriend’, 24
- Black moms are more likely to die in childbirth. Will Congress do anything about it?
- 10 more coronavirus deaths as UK total doubles in 24 hours
- Pregnant Amber Stevens West Reveals Why She's Switching Her Birth Plan for Baby No. 2
- Obscure ‘Birthday Rule’ Costs Colorado Couple $5,000 More For Normal Hospital Birth
- Lauren Burnham Home from the Hospital and 'Feeling Much Better' After Postpartum Complications
- U.S. Birth Rate Falls Another Four Percent To Lowest Level In ‘Nearly A Century’
- Jessa Duggar welcomes fourth child with husband Ben Seewald and couple documents emotional birth with intimate video
Spanish mom crushed to death in hospital elevator hours after giving birth have 520 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 21, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.