iOS developer Steven Troughton Smith tweeted on Thursday some of his new discoveries about the iPhone 8’s virtual home button, AppleInsider first reported.
Troughton looked through the leaked iOS code, which comes once again from the unreleased HomePod’s firmware.
He found “API evidence” that the iPhone 8’s display will host a virtual home button that can be resized or hidden entirely in accordance with the app that is open in a specific moment.
The virtual button will likely sit in the middle of the function area, but the screen portions at the sides don’t look like they will host anything but essentially blank space.
“There is no evidence to suggest any app UI moves to the home button area at all,” said Troughton Smith. “No toolbars, no other junk.” However, there is still quite a lot of real estate to work with.
You can expect games or videos to take advantage of the entire display, with the home button disappearing like other user interface (UI) elements (like the status bar at the top) and playback video controls already do.
What happens when apps that use a bottom navigation bar (or any UI element pinned to the bottom) are opened on the iPhone 8 is that the blurred background will likely extend into the home button’s function area, according to Troughton.
His findings suggest that Apple hasn’t programmed any way to change the function area’s color, which led him to think that it will always blend with the current app’s UI to form a big, unified function area.
- iPhone 8 With No Home Button: How the iPhone Experience Could Change
- There's a new, cheaper iPhone. And in some ways it's the best ever
- Fortnite Season 7 start time and downtime confirmed as patch notes and trailer reveal new planes
- Leaked Facebook emails reveal secret plan to SELL your data – despite promises not to
- Brexit latest: Theresa May faces Cabinet backlash and threat to Premiership as she reveals new deal
- WhatsApp: New Features and Updates WhatsApp Introduced in 2018
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) Leaked in Renders, Video Ahead of September 12 Launch
- Ginger emoji officially on the iPhone as Apple releases iOS 12.1
- The Best iPhone and iPad Games
- This Samsung Galaxy S10 ‘leak’ looks BETTER than the iPhone XS
- Is Apple's new iPad Pro a good enough upgrade to be a laptop killer?
- Your iPhone has a HIDDEN magnifying glass feature that unlocks with three taps
- Apple is revealing a whole set of new products. Here's the latest
- Review: Apple's excellent new iPad is a real Pro and ever closer to a laptop replacement
- Possessive boyfriend used sleeping girlfriend's thumb to unlock her iPhone
- Deadly gas leak incident extraordinary, say authorities
- Google Maps for iOS Gets New Events Section, Elevation Chart for Cyclers
- iPhone 11
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro with Face ID and all-screen front panel
- The 28 amazing iPhone hacks that will make your life so much easier
Leaked iOS code reveals new details about the iPhone 8’s home button have 472 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 10, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.