On July 7, the Securities and Exchange Commission issued an order adopting the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s proposed rule amending the qualification and registration requirements for associated persons. The new rule restructures the current qualification examinations, creates a general knowledge examination called Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) and specialized knowledge examinations, and revises the continuing education requirements. The new rule also consolidates certain National Association of Securities Dealers rules and New York Stock Exchange rules into the FINRA Rulebook.
In particular, the new rule requires first-time registrants to take the SIE exam prior to taking a representative qualification examination specific to their job function at a FINRA member firm. In addition, the new rule expands the scope of individuals who may permissively register and allows individuals flexibility to retain their registration status, even after working at a non-FINRA member financial services affiliate for an extended period.
For more information, click here.
- Top Republican voices skepticism of rule change to allow remote voting
- Vladimir Putin signs order officially changing Russia's constitution to allow him to stay in power until 2036
- SIM Registration: MURIC tackles NCC, GLO over Hijab controversy
- House Rules Committee approves remote voting during pandemic
- Your VERY bizarre Super Saturday rules: Bring your own cutlery to restaurants, no singing in pubs and throwaway hymn sheets in church – how Britain will reopen but unlike it's ever looked before
- Twenty one years of democracy: Rule of law suffering in Nigeria, SANs lament
- Coronavirus live updates: Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano among CA counties ordered to stop indoor business
- Coronavirus: EU approves COVID-19 drug remdesivir
- SEC's Sankey: Federal NIL law needed for fair competition
- All 50 states are starting to reopen after more than two months in lockdown – but rules vary widely
- What happens in Vegas... must be in line with the covid rules: World's most famous gambling and bachelor party mecca reopens NEXT WEEK - but will the new safety guidelines ruin the party?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump lays low as approval hits 18-month low
- Ordinance requires large employers in SF to rehire staff laid off during pandemic
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump wants executive order on policing; silent on pending bills
- OVERNIGHT ENERGY: Court orders Dakota Access Pipeline to shut down | Energy companies cancel Atlantic Coast Pipeline | House rejects Trump cuts, proposes boost for environmental agencies
- California’s mask order tests the limits of Newsom’s executive power
- One year on: Hong Kong protesters change tactics
- Daily Trail Markers: Wisconsin high court unlikely to rule on voter purge case before Election Day
- Cruise is using food bank deliveries as cover to run tests that may violate stay-home orders, drivers say
- ISPs and FCC Chair Ajit Pai celebrate death of online privacy rules
SEC’s Recent Order Approving FINRA Rule Change Relating To Qualification and Registration Requirements have 435 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at July 14, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.