A 38-year-old housewife has lodged a police report yesterday, 4 July, against the headmistress of a vernacular school in Alor Gajah
According to a report by The Star Online today, 5 July, the mother claims that the headmistress had caned her eight-year-old daughter so violently that the little girl was “bleeding profusely when she returned from school”.
The incident happened on 22 June
However, the mother only lodged the report yesterday after she sought an explanation from the school but was told to return on 3 July after the Hari Raya school holidays, reported Free Malaysia Today (FMT).“I was told to come back after Hari Raya break on 3 July to meet her again, but was treated impolitely by the headmistress,” FMT reported the mother as saying.
According to the report in the FMT, the mother claims that when she went to meet the headmistress, she was not only rude to her, she even told her to “take whatever further action she wished”
“I was told that the caning was warranted as my daughter failed to pass up her homework and that is why I made the police report on 4 July 4,” FMT reported the mother as saying, who added that her daughter, who has been too traumatised by the caning, is now scared to go to school after the Raya break.
Meanwhile, The Star Online reported that several people have approached the mother asking her to withdraw the report. They have even offered to pay for her daughter’s medical expenses.
However, the mother has refused, saying, “I am a housewife and my husband is an odd-job labourer but we have dignity and can’t be bought with money.”
Alor Gajah OCPD Supt A. Asmadi Abd Aziz was reported saying that an investigation has been initiated under Section 324 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means
The Star Online quoted Aziz saying that the Alor Gajah police will pass the investigation papers to the deputy public prosecutor for the next course of action.
Meanwhile, this was not the first case involving the headmistress
Md Yunos Husin, the chairman of State education, higher learning, science and green technology committee, was quoted by the English daily as saying that the state Education Department would be lodging a report against the headmistress as well.
The Education Ministry has set up guidelines for caning
Students cannot be caned in public, whether it’s during assemblies or during classes.Education Ministry has noted in a circular last year.Additionally, while male students can be caned, it is the only corporal punishment which is absolutely prohibited on female students.
On the other hand, while many countries in the world have banned caning in schools, the Malaysian Education Ministry still continues to implement it as a way of handling disciplinary problems:
The education ministry has revealed a new guideline to better address the growing disciplinary problem in local schools.
Other recent stories on SAYS:
The competition was held from 24 June till 1 July in Offenburg.
The child was pronounced dead at around 3.10pm yesterday, 3 July.
- A Stranger Hit Her Child But This Mother Didn't Lodge A Police Report. Here's Why
- Johor Woman Forced To Lodge A Police Report After Ex-BF Turns Out To Be An Abusive Idiot
- Shooting In OUG Leaves Mum Dead And Her 8-Year-Old Daughter In Critical Condition
- A 5-Year-Old Was Tied-Up And Gagged By Her Kindergarten Headmistress For Being "Too Noisy"
- Boy In Melaka Found Dead With His Earphones Plugged Into Charging Phone
- 23-Year-Old Mum Poisons Her 4-Year-Old Daughter To Get Attention On Facebook
- Father Gets 203 Years' Jail And 24 Strokes Of Rotan For Raping His Daughter 14 Times
- A Schoolgirl Has Been Pooping In Front Of A Seremban Shop While Her Mum Plays Look-Out
- After Arresting Three Activists, Police Declares #KitaLawan Rally To Free Anwar As Illegal
- 46-Year-Old Father Caught Cheating On His Wife With His 21-Year-Old Daughter
- Mother In Sarawak Forced Her 14-Year-Old Daughter Into Prostitution
- Adopted Daughter Of A PJ Priest Says He Has Been Sexually Abusing Her Since 2009
- What Was Seditious About The Malaysian Insider's Incorrect Reporting On Hudud?
- Malaysian man accused of 600 sex assaults against daughter
- Bacolod ‘narco police’ shot dead, pal wounded
- Man In Kota Tinggi Sentenced To 81 Years In Jail For Raping And Molesting His Own Daughter
- Dad Reported His Child As Missing, Only To Find Out Later That She Was Raped By 3 Men
- 6-Year-Old Girl Reportedly Raped By An 11-Year-Old Boy In Malacca
- Parents Want Teacher To Be Barred From Teaching After She Caned Their 9-Year-Old Daughter
Mum In Melaka Lodges Police Report Against A Headmistress For Caning Her Daughter have 744 words, post on says.com at July 5, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.