The Australian woman fatally shot by a police officer in Minneapolis made two phone calls to the authorities prior to the shooting because she thought her neighbor was being raped.
Justine Damond called 911 on two separate occasions last Saturday night, according to transcripts of the calls released by the authorities on Wednesday.
In the first call at 11.27 p.m., Damond told the operator: “I can hear someone out the back, and I’m not sure she’s having sex or being raped. I think she just yelled out ‘help’, but it’s difficult; the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it.”
And in the second call made at 11.35 p.m., Damond, who lived in Minneapolis with her husband and her stepson, called to find out where the police were. “Hi, I just reported one, but no one’s here and was wondering if they got the address wrong,” she told the operator.
Damond was told by the operator that the police were on their way to the scene, and just minutes later she was fatally shot by police officer Mohamed Noor .
Noor and Officer Matthew Harrity, who responded to Damond’s 911 call, were startled by a loud sound in the vicinity, Harrity reportedly claimed.
Fred Bruno, a lawyer for Harrity, told the BBC : “It is reasonable to assume an officer in that situation would be concerned about a possible ambush. It was only a few weeks ago when a female NYPD cop and mother of twins was executed in her car in a very similar scenario.”
The police’s dashboard camera did not capture the incident, in which Damond was shot in the abdomen, and the police officers did not have their body cameras turned on at the time of the fatal shooting.
- 79-year-old woman fends off intruder by firing 2 shots inside her Georgia home, 911 call reveals
- DA: Police Officer Shot, Killed Man Who Stabbed Wife
- Trial Begins Today for Chicago Officer Who Shot and Killed Laquan McDonald
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘My 12-year-old grandson was outright MURDERED by police.’ Family of black boy with BB gun shot dead for not putting his hands up breaks silence to slam officers who killed him
- Another Dog Shot By PGPD Officer: Police
- Father of police officer who shot dead 12-year-old Tamir Rice claims his son had no choice and didn't know how old the boy was
- Detroit police officer is shot dead and another is wounded as they rush to stop armed home invasion
- 'They were PROUD of what they did to me': Rape victim's fury as two Italian students attackers who high-fived after raping her in Soho club are jailed for more than seven years each
- At least 10 people were shot, 4 fatally, at a backyard football watch party in Fresno, California
- Burglar, 39, who broke into a 76-year-old woman's home and raped her is found guilty of the sickening attack after she died
- Inside the Nate Parker Rape Case
- Domestic abuse victim uses incredible Superbowl-inspired trick to secretly call cops while pretending to order a pizza
- Police body camera captures heart-stopping moment officers find kidnapped 8-year-old girl
- Accused Charleston church shooter's lawyers call no witnesses during trial
- Australian maniac who kidnapped and raped British backpacker on 1,500km Outback road trip from hell is jailed for 10 years
- Brave girl, 15, who swam across a lake to freedom was tied up, beaten and raped for a month by three men
- Man Shot In ‘Targeted’ Glen Burnie Shooting Has Died, Police Say
- Free to go? Julian Assange celebrates with a £12.99 Domino's pizza after police end their 24-hour watch at the embassy where he fled three years ago... so will he now walk out?
- 'If we go they will kill us': Rohingya refugees fear repatriation to Myanmar
- Woman who was called an 'Aussie pig' and begged to be killed as she was pack raped by the vile Lebanese Skaf gang reveals the heartbreaking reason she's bravely speaking out 20 years later
Australian Justine Damond Made Two 911 Calls Over Feared Rape Before Police Arrived and Shot Her have 644 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 19, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.