The 2017 Summer Sea Festival, themed “Quy Nhon – Binh Dinh – Back to Memorial Sea City”, has kicked off in Quy Nhon city in the south-central province of Binh Dinh and will run until September 2.
The festival features many cultural and sporting events, such as a futsal tournament for children, martial arts contests, the 2017 Binh Dinh Golden Chef contest, to select the best local chefs, an art exhibition, the 2017 National Beach Volleyball Championship, a local tourist guide competition, and a workshop on “Solutions to Attract International Visitors and Improve Service Quality in Binh Dinh”.
The event is just one of Binh Dinh’s many efforts to develop into a popular destination for domestic and foreign tourists, using its historical and cultural identities, maritime tourism potential, and unique tourism products.
Binh Dinh is home to Quang Trung, a revered king with a humble background, and Binh Dinh Gia, a Vietnamese martial art recognized worldwide.
Remains of the Ancient Champa Empire have also preserved in the province. Nowadays, it has become an attractive destination for both Vietnamese and foreigners for its beaches, swamplands, and poplar woods, which are largely untouched.
Ghenh Rang, a unique location where mountains meet the sea, is at the top of the “must-see” destinations in Binh Dinh, while Ghenh Da Dia, with interlocking basalt columns like Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland, is another local treasure.
Tourist numbers to Binh Dinh reached more than 3 million last year, up 22 per cent against 2015.
The festival will help promote the image and tourism trademark of Binh Dinh province as well as attract more domestic and foreign tourists in the years to come.
VN Economic Times
- Joe Girard III, Marcus Dyes put on a show at Summer Hoops Festival, Rob Centorani column
- Stevie Wonder is the final headliner of this year's BST festival
- Everything you need to know about Britain's most scenic festival
- Tribeca Film Festival Unveils Feature Lineup, With Screen Time For John DeLorean, Muhammad Ali, Chelsea Manning
- Berlin Film Festival Programmers; John Carpenter Cannes Award; Saudi Arabia Film Festival — Global Briefs
- Inside Alaska's battles over land, sea and life
- Your 2018 guide to summer festivals in Kitsap County and beyond
- World's largest cruise ship, Royal Caribbean's Symphony of the Seas, docks at Port Canaveral
- When in London, Skip Town for the Sea
- Folklife Festival is shutdown's latest victim
- Brazilian party-goers turn Sao Paulo into sea of colour for Carnival
- By Bulgaria’s Beautiful Black Sea
- 95 percent of the Arctic Ocean’s old sea ice is gone. What now?
- Sea ice MELTING it can leave its 'nursery'
- These Whales Are Serenaders of the Seas. It’s Quite a Racket.
- Top style tips for gents to stay ahead of the game at the Cheltenham Festival
- Here are the latest additions to Standon Calling festival 2019
- Catfish and the Bottlemen to headline Citadel Festival 2019
- Cheltenham Festival 2019 tips: Newsboy's 1-2-3 for all races on Gold Cup Day
- Ed Sheeran 'plots festival style wedding bash with Cherry Seaborn'
Summer Sea Festival 2017 opens in Binh Dinh have 476 words, post on at June 21, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.