President Trump’s tweets prove that the Founders were right: The president should not communicate directly with the American people.Curiously, many of the people who complained about President Obama’s loquacity think Trump’s tweets are just grand. Twitter allows him to “communicate directly with the people,” they say, as if that’s a good thing.Donald Trump is one of them. “The FAKE MSM is working so hard trying to get me not to use Social Media. They hate that I can get the honest and unfiltered message out, ” he tweeted, ”If I would have relied on the Fake News … I would have had ZERO chance winning WH.”Which is the problem. Direct communication with “the people” serves the interests of demagogues. It’s how they lie so effectively. Communicating through various channels — elected representatives, the traditional (i.e. responsible) media, labor and business leaders — allows the truth to percolate via a self-correcting system of fact-checking and bias-balancing.The Founders didn’t want the president to make direct appeals to the people, and for a while presidents rarely did. George Washington averaged three popular speeches a year; John Adams, one; James Madison, zero. I don’t know how many tweets Trump averages per day, but I know it’s more… Read full this story
- Mike Bloomberg was For 'Stop-and-Frisk' Long Before 2015 Speech
- Trump retweets #FireFauci after top immunologist said lives would have been saved if President had followed his advice to shut US down in February
- Michelle Obama Appears to Reference President Donald Trump's Racist Comments: 'It's Our America'
- Charlottesville: White House defends Trump response
- Saudi-led ceasefire in Yemen begins after UN calls for stop in fighting amid coronavirus pandemic
- Fox's Hume slams Trump for 'ridiculous tweet': 'Bragging, endlessly repeating himself'
- Fox News Anchor Brit Hume Slams Donald Trump for 'Ridiculous Tweet' About Daily Coronavirus Press Briefings
- Coronavirus US: President Donald Trump is weirdly fixated on the wrong number
- The lame-duck President
- Anti-consorting laws won't stop bikie violence in Canberra, Nomads life member and experts say
Stop tweeting, Mr. President have 349 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 6, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.