Back in 2009 a MARTINI billboard featuring model Jessiqa Pace was banned from the Monaco Grand Prix after it was deemed too distracting for F1 drivers.
The infamous track-side billboard caused mayhem during qualifying that year as Lewis Hamilton spun out just metres from the poster located close to the tricky Loews Hairpin.
Remembering the poster, Williams Martini Racing driver Felipe Massa said: “Every time you passed into that corner you had this woman looking at you. It was just a picture, but it was impossible not to look.”
While at the time, the 2009 Grand Prix winner, Jenson Button, added: “Every time you passed her, it was as though she was looking right at you.”
However in an act of nostalgia the famous track-side billboard is celebrating its return to the classic street circuit.
Although all images of model and race-car driver Pace are being kept safely out of the eye-line of F1 drivers.
Caroline Hipperson, Global Brand VP for MARTINI said: “This year marks MARTINI’s return to Monaco since the historic incident.
“Although our advertising has moved on quite a bit since then, bringing the original art work back is a nod to our relationship with the sport while reminding fans of the fun, glamour and pure joy of racing.
“Of course a few more women race drivers wouldn’t hurt either.”
Will Lewis Hamilton win this Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
- Formula One: Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel Wins Monaco Grand Prix
- Coronavirus: Azerbaijan Grand Prix the latest F1 postponement
- Coronavirus: Monaco GP Cancelled, 65-Year Run Ends
- Monaco Formula 1 GP cancelled due to coronavirus, ending 65-year run
- Mick Schumacher turns 21: The Ferrari academy graduates who made it to F1
- Monaco GP canceled as coronavirus hits more F1 races
- Dutch, Spanish and Monaco F1 races postponed due to coronavirus outbreak
- Azerbaijan GP Postponed; "When Situation Improves, We'll Be Ready To Race" Says F1 Boss
- REFILE-Esports-Zhou wins virtual Bahrain GP as F1 seeks to fill void left by virus
- Zhou wins virtual Bahrain GP as F1 seeks to fill void left by virus
- Motor racing: Self isolation makes training easier for Ricciardo
- F1 2020: Dutch, Spanish GPs postponed, Monaco cancelled
- Race drivers use games to stay sharp as virus shuts tracks
- Coronavirus: What's the latest for F1 and 2020 season?
- Tatiana Calderón: Sauber F1 team brings in female development driver
- Motor racing-McLaren F1 employee recovering well after virus positive
- McLaren F1 employee recovering well after virus positive
- Alonso’s departure reflects badly on F1, says Sainz
- Lewis Hamilton Snatches Dramatic Monaco GP Pole With Record Lap
- Coronavirus: Premier League, NBA, F1 – when are suspended competitions aiming to return?
Poster of model banned at the 2009 Monaco Grand Prix because her beauty distracted F1 drivers makes a return have 425 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 27, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.