The event will bring together practitioners of Mother Goddess worship from all over the country and feature a variety of activities.
One of the festival’s highlights will be the practice of “len dong” (“going into a trance”), a spirit ritual in which practitioners become mediums for 36 different deities, involving a number of artistic elements, such as music, singing, dance and costumes.
The festival will host a carnival where local performers and practitioners will recreate the Mother Goddess worship and hold a trade fair to promote local cinnamon products.
Photos and paintings depicting traditional practices of worshiping Mother Goddesses and other rituals of ethnic minority groups in the region will also be on show, including a complete set of worship paintings of the Dao minority ethnic people, displayed for the first time.
According to Tran Thuy Luu from the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the festival will be held at at Dong Cuong Temple, an important historic and cultural relic for Mother Goddess worship.
It is well-known as a sacred temple located close to the bank of the Hong (Red) River where the Mother Goddess of Forest was reborn and lived. It also worships several minority ethnic heroes during the Tran Dynasty (1225-1400) who scarified their lives in battles against the Mongol invaders.
The Mother Goddess of Forest is among the Mother Goddesses of the Three Realms in the Viet beliefs who look after heaven, water and mountains and forests.
- Mountain God festival becomes national heritage
- Selma Blair mourns the loss of her mother Molly Cooke in heartbreaking tribute to the late judge: 'I worship you, Mom'
- Ganpati festival: Transformation through ages
- 17 Summer Fantasy Books To Preorder Now
- The spiritual practice of ‘len dong’ in Vietnamese folk religion
- Muslims Worldwide Start Celebrating End of Ramadan Under Continued Lockdown Restrictions
- Coronavirus live updates: Birx says it’s ‘difficult to tell’ if 2nd shutdown may be needed
- Coronavirus live updates: Florida police break up ‘larger than normal’ beach crowds
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump says push for mail-in ballots is a ‘scam’
- Coronavirus live updates: Six more cases tied to Mendocino church outbreak
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 23
- Vat Savitri 2020: Date, Time, Puja Vidhi and Significance
- Coronavirus live updates: California tells nursing homes to test all residents, staff
- Vat Savitri Vrat 2020: Puja vidhi, rituals and the famous tale behind this day!
- Coronavirus live updates: Santa Cruz County probes clusters tied to family gatherings
- Eid-ul-Fitr: Around the world under coronavirus lockdowns
- Coronavirus live updates: Tesla says it will reopen Fremont factory in the ‘upcoming week’
- Nature calling: Plan a quick getaway to Chamba or Kokkrebellur
- Facebook co-founder: Time to break up Facebook
- How Do You Mourn A Husband You Never Really Knew?
Festival honoring Mother Goddess of Forest worship to be held have 452 words, post on at May 10, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.