NEW YORK (AP) Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Elniery Garcia has been suspended 80 games for a drug violation, the first this year under the major league drug program.
Garcia tested positive for the performance-enhancing drug Boldenone, the commissioner’s officer said Friday. The anabolic steroid generally is used by veterinarians on horses.
The 22-year-old left-hander, who is on the Phillies 40-man roster, is assigned to Double-A Reading of the Eastern League but has not appeared in any games this season. Garcia was 12-4 with a 2.68 ERA in 19 starts and one relief appearance last year with Class A Clearwater of the Florida State League.
There have been 25 suspensions this year under the minor league drug program.
More AP Baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
- Former No. 1 overall pick Tim Beckham suspended 80 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug
- Indians reliever Clase suspended 80 games for PED violation
- The game that ate the world: 40 facts on Pac-Man's 40th birthday
- A glimpse at new MLB rules: shower at home, don’t spit, Phillie Phanatic stay home
- Harper’s 3-run blast sends Phillies to 9-4 win over Indians
- New Book Chronicles Former Phillies Great, Hall-Of-Famer Roy Halladay’s Career, Struggles With Addiction, Mental Health
- Phillies’ Harper leaves game against Mets after HBP
- Ervin’s 11th-inning homer lifts Reds over Phillies 4-3
- Today in Baseball History: Harvey Haddix pitches 12 perfect innings, loses game
- How three MLB players, including Phillies star Bryce Harper, fixed their defensive issues
- MLB Power Rankings: Which teams are best suited for bullpen games in a shortened 2020 season?
- Esteban Loaiza, onetime Yankees pitcher, blew through his $44M fortune before cocaine bust: report
- Beware This COVID-19 Vaccine ‘Study’ From an 80s Teen Tech Titan and a Carnivorous Plant Smuggler
- Doctors, Patients Worried About Another Hydroxychloroquine Shortage After President Trump Reveals He’s Taking Drug To Fight Coronavirus
- Liz Peek: As coronavirus and Biden fade, Trump and economy get this good news
- Why China NEEDS us: Economist claims Beijing's 80 per cent barley tariff is just 'posturing' and WON'T start a $135 billion trade war as it 'can't do without' our iron ore and food
- Disrupted vaccinations pose deadly threat to 80 million children ― UN
- Boxing news: Jarrell Miller given ban for failed drugs test before Anthony Joshua fight
- Ed Orgeron's relationship with Redskins rookie Saahdiq Charles helped Ron Rivera overlook 2019 suspension
- Sun Yang abandoned by China fans, Mack Horton gets apology
Phillies pitcher Garcia gets 80-game drug suspension have 376 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 14, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.