ONLINE gaming companies are expected to take more office spaces this year, next to the information technology and business process outsourcing industry, according to a real estate consultancy.
The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. issued 35 offshore gaming licenses last year.
“Each of these companies is expected to take up 10,000 to 20,000 square meters (sqm)this year,” Leechiu Property Consultants Chief Executive Officer David Leechiu told reporters on Tuesday.
Online gaming offices have five- to 10-year leases, reflecting the “growing trend of 10-year leases in the market.”
The property consultant expects the demand from the BPO industry to reach 750,000 to 800,000 sqm this year.
“Now they (BPO) have somebody chasing space in the market,” Leechiu said. The “online gaming can easily consume 400,000 to 500,000 sqm office space this year.” he noted.
“Amount of focus is dedicated to grow certain sectors,” Leechiu said.
The consultancy sees the supply and demand in office spaces achieving a balance this year, with Bonifacio Global City the “biggest producer of office space and still the preferred location over other districts.”
- Instacart Survived Covid Chaos — But Can It Keep Delivering After The Pandemic?
- PUBG to relaunch in India as Battleground Mobile India
- Pokémon card frenzy is making collectors and startups rich
- Cloud computing after Amazon and Sony: ready for primetime?
- Landlords lift FTSE to best session in more than two months
- The Dow Chemical Company (DOW) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- How Lego Became The Apple Of Toys
- Urban Outfitters Inc (URBN) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Urban Outfitters Inc (URBN) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- U.S. to Suspend Most Travel From Europe; N.B.A. Pauses After Player Gets Virus
- U.S-China Cold War rages in cyberspace, where intellectual property is a costly front
- Criteo (CRTO) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Elon Musk's Starship 11 explodes after launch
- The Big Read: Saved by COVID-19 jobs, thousands now have to mull their future as Singapore looks to exit crisis
- 61 women who broke barriers in the music industry
- Virgin Galactic shares plunge after Branson flight delayed
- The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President
- Iskandar Investment looks at emerging technologies, agritech to develop Iskandar Puteri
- Is Stitch Fix Stock a Buy?
- Amazon employees are not treated like robots, says Jeff Bezos in final CEO letter
Online gaming firms to boost office demand have 356 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 19, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.