One of the most heated rivalries in the sport will come to a head on July 8 when bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt faces T.J. Dillashaw in the co-main event at UFC 213.
UFC president Dana White made the announcement on Saturday night at the UFC 210 post-fight press conference while he was actually addressing whether or not Daniel Cormier would face Jon Jones on the same card.
“Obviously, Cody and T.J. are already on that card (at UFC 213), so yeah, we’ll see how that goes,” White said.
Garbrandt also confirmed the date via Twitter after White’s comment.
White has stated previously that he hopes to make the UFC 213 main event between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and the returning Georges St-Pierre, who will look to become a two-division champion when he fights again for the first time in nearly four years.
The fight is not confirmed for the card, however, but White said he hopes that is the matchup to headline International Fight Week 2017.
Meanwhile, Garbrandt and Dillashaw will fight in July after first squaring off as coaches on the newest season of “The Ultimate Fighter.”
The two bantamweights are former teammates and training partners, but now they meet as bitter rivals while coaching opposite 14 former “Ultimate Fighter” competitors all looking for a big cash prize and another shot in the UFC.
The new season debuts on FS1 on Wednesday, April 19 before Garbrandt and Dillashaw meet in the co-main event at UFC 213 on July 8 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
- KSI vs Logan Paul 2 LIVE RESULTS: Latest updates – main event UP NEXT, Saunders wins in 11th round, Haney underway
- Daniel Cormier becomes UFC heavyweight champion after knocking out Stipe Miocic in first round to set up clash with Brock Lesnar
- KSI vs Logan Paul undercard: Who else is on fight card and what time does big event start in Los Angeles?
- KSI vs Logan Paul undercard fights: Who else is on fight card and what time does event start in Los Angeles?
- UFC 237 results: Andrade slams Namajunas to claim strawweight title
- AEW Full Gear: Cody Challenging Chris Jericho For Championship
- Amanda Nunes declares herself greatest female MMA star of all-time ahead of Holly Holm clash at UFC 239
- KSI vs Logan Paul LIVE: Start time, TV channel, live stream, results and free YouTube show
- KSI vs Logan Paul undercard: Who is on tonight’s fight card, and what time does event start in Los Angeles?
- KSI goads Logan Paul by calling him on to fight failed UFC star CM Punk
- What time is Billy Joe Saunders vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres? TV and live stream information
- Logan Paul demands UFC fight after KSI rematch and insists he won’t take on another YouTuber as he is too ‘skilful’
- ‘I Want a Real Fighter’: UFC’s Gaethje Wants to Take on Ferguson-Khabib Winner in Snub to McGregor
- KSI vs Logan Paul II undercard: Who is fighting before YouTube stars clash in ring?
- KSI vs Logan Paul: Fight time, pay-per-view details and live stream ahead of YouTube boxing match
- Dream11 Team Jersey vs Nigeria ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers – Cricket Prediction Tips For Today’s T20 Match 6 Group B JER vs NIG at Abu Dhabi
- Billy Joe Saunders vs Coceres: UK start time, TV channel, live stream for KSI vs Logan Paul undercard fight
- UFC divisional rankings: Alexander Volkov, Zabit Magomedsharipov hold steady after wins
- UFC Fight Night 163 odds, predictions: Top MMA insider picks Magomedsharipov vs. Kattar, Hardy vs. Volkov
- UFC Fight Night 163 odds, predictions: Proven MMA insider picks Magomedsharipov vs. Kattar, Hardy vs. Volkov
Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw confirmed as co-main event for UFC 213 have 581 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 8, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.