President Quang said Vietnam is placing priority on the production of high-quality agricultural products while asking Singapore to facilitate its products to access the Singaporean market and, through Singapore, to make inroads into other countries.
The solid political relations has helped boost economic ties as well as cooperation in defence, security, science-technology, education-training, education and people-to-people exchange.
The State leader also suggested Singaporean Government encourage the country’s businesses to invest in and expand hi-tech and food industry parks in Thanh Hoa province and the software park in Danang city while building another VSIP in Quang Tri province.
PM Lee expressed his delight at the growing strategic partnership between the two countries, adding that sound political relations have provided a driving force for economic, trade and investment links.
Singapore wants to work with Vietnam to build hi-tech and software parks. It also hopes to promote cooperation in cyber security, he said.
Singaporean ministries and sectors are working hard to enhance connections with Vietnam such as in agriculture, Lee said.
Singapore is working hand in hand with Vietnamese suppliers to ensure Vietnam’s agricultural products will be qualified for entering this market, he added.
At the meeting, both sides shared the view on the need to maintain a region of peace, stability, security, safety and development. They also voiced concerns about increasing terrorism and piracy in the region.
PM Lee highlighted the countries’ good coordination in ASEAN and other multilateral mechanisms, as well as in the East Sea issue, free trade promotion, and new-generation free trade agreements like TPP and RCEP.
President Quang underlined the need to promote collaboration in security-defence and anti-terrorism and crime information and experience sharing. He also asked Singapore to continue bringing into play its role as the coordinator of ASEAN-China relations, and to push for the finalisation and effective enforcement of a quality code of conducts (COC) of parties in the East Sea.
He echoed the Singaporean PM’s viewpoint on challenges facing ASEAN, adding that the bloc should intensify solidarity, cooperation and consensus to jointly resolve relevant challenges. He also greatly valued Singapore’s role in the region and the world and hoped that the two countries will boost coordination and consultation at regional and global events.
Quang also used this opportunity to invite PM Lee to attend the 25th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting set for this November in Danang city and his invitation was graciously accepted.
Meeting with Singaporean PM Lee Hsien Loong in Hanoi the same day, NA Chairwoman glowingly spoke of the regular exchange of all-level visits and cooperation between the two legislatures on bilateral and multilateral aspects, saying that both sides have facilitated visits by parliament leaders and members of specialised committees to increase political ties, mutual understanding and professional experience.
She expressed her delight at the robust and positive development of bilateral ties with Singapore via the Party, State, National Assembly and government channels over the past years.
The NA leader expressed her wish that Singapore will set up a Singapore-Vietnam Friendship Parliamentarians’ Group to act as a bridge connecting the two law-making bodies.
Bilateral connections across trade, investment, national defence-security, culture, and people-to-people exchange have thrived, notably the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP) which has become a symbol of successful and mutually-beneficial cooperation between the two nations, she told PM Lee.
She said she is satisfied with the effective bilateral collaboration in education, tourism and people-to-people exchange, noting that 12,000 Vietnamese nationals living in Singapore are helping solidify bilateral ties.
On ASEAN coordination, Ngan suggested the two countries should actively increase solidarity and exchange, as well as the bloc’s central role and its pro-activeness in regional issues, contributing to creating an environment of peace, stability and cooperation.
Singaporean PM Lee, for his part, briefed his host on the outcomes of his talks with PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc, saying that both sides witnessed the signing of cooperation agreements on electricity and the construction of additional VSIP, among others.
On the occasion, PM Lee also visited the Vietnam National Assembly House.
On the day, Vietnam and Singapore issued a joint statement on the occasion of the official visit to Vietnam by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his wife from March 21-24.
- Watch Portuguese President de Sousa Greet Indian PM Modi With 'Trump Handshake'
- PM’s date with ‘Litti-Chokha’ rings election bell in Bihar
- Leaders queue up to greet KCR on his birthday
- Jubilant US passengers are greeted with Valentine's Day flowers and a kiss from Cambodia's PM as they finally disembark from Westerdam cruise ship after two weeks stranded over coronavirus fears
- On Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's 390th birth anniversary, PM Modi and other leaders pay tributes
- At Trump's Rally, PM Modi Hopes to Bolster His Image, Distract Citizens from Growth Slump, Anti-CAA Stir
- NA Chairwoman holds talks with President of the Senate of the Netherlands
- See you soon in Ahmedabad, tweets PM ahead of Trump’s India touchdown
- NA Chairwoman hosts RoK ambassador
- Unuabonah wins 2017 NAS Gold Medal Prize
- PM Narendra Modi arrives at Ahmedabad; to welcome Donald Trump at airport
- Cambodia PM defends ship docking despite virus diagnosis
- Will Nevada feel the Bern? Voting underway in Silver State with the result too early to call
- Just as Sonia Defeated Vajpayee's NDA, Rahul Too Would Make PM Modi Sit Out in 2019: Kamal Nath
- 'Guest is God': Crowds gather to greet Trump as he lands in India
- EU leaders spend '20 minutes' on Brexit, after May returns to UK
- Gov Emmanuel holds Thanksgiving Service, rededicates state to God
- ‘India hitting US very hard on trade, will talk business with PM Modi’: Trump
- From H-1B visas to trade, Congress throws questions at PM Modi ahead of Trump visit
- State of disaster is declared in Victoria as NSW enters seven-day state of emergency ahead of horror 46C conditions on Saturday when strong winds are expected to spark worst bushfires yet - as death toll rises to 18
State and NA leaders greet Singaporean PM have 1018 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 23, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.