A British millionaire’s son faces just two years in prison for killing a woman in a drink-drive hit-and-run while on bail in Spain over the disappearance of a woman.
Westley Capper, 39, has been told the ‘blood money’ he is paying to his victim’s family has been taken into account in their decision not to press for a longer prison term.
He confessed to knocking over Fatima Dorado, 40, and it has surfaced that he has been paying £8,500 to the family of his victim as well as £950-a-month since the incident in Spain last May.
Capper, who was on bail for the 2014 disappearance of Agnese Klavina at the time, was high on cocaine and was nearly two times over the drink-drive limit.
The Essex-born former public schoolboy ran over the restaurant worker Fatima on a zebra crossing in a Bentley belonging to his father John Capper who is a multi-millionaire property developer.
British millionaire’s son Westley Capper, 39, is led away by police in Spain
As she lay there dying, he fled the scene before being held in an Indian restaurant where he had just downed a vodka and tonic.
Capper was on bail at the time which meant he was banned from leaving Spain when he caused Bolivian immigrant Mrs Dorado’s death.
He was being investigated over the disappearance of a British businessman’s girlfriend from a popular Costa del Sol nightclub in September 2014.
Miss Klavina’s family and friends tried unsuccessfully to have him remanded in custody.
Capper, now living near Puerto Banus, lost a recent appeal to avoid prosecution for aggravated unlawful detention over Latvian-born woman’s disappearance from celeb club Aqwa Mist in Marbella.
An indictment shows state prosecutors will call for Capper to receive a two-year, six-month prison sentence and a three-year, six-month driving ban for Mrs Dorado’s manslaughter on May 9, 2016, when the case gets to court.
Under Spanish law he could be sentenced to a total of four and a half years for killing her while under the influence of drink and drugs.
The indictment states he failed to stop in time because he was doing nearly double the 25mph speed limit and the alcohol and cocaine he had consumed ‘prevented him from driving normally and turned him into a serious risk for other road users’.
Mrs Dorado, who lived with builder husband Tomas Ramirez and their one-year-old baby daughter Katherine, died in hospital hours after being knocked down on the in San Pedro near Marbella.
Capper’s lawyer Jorge Hoz revealed after Capper had confessed during a private court interview to hitting her after binging on drink and drugs.
Fatima Dorado, 40, was knocked down by Capper who has driving his dad’s luxury Bentley
State prosecutors are understood to have agreed to go easy on the British expat because he made a full confession early on and has paid his victim’s family compensation.
The indictment reveals he paid £8,500 towards her repatriation and funeral costs and since June 2016 has paid her widower nearly £950-a-month to cover her lost salary.
Fatima’s shell-shocked husband told after her death how generous Fatima sent hundreds of pounds back to her hometown of Santa Cruz in Bolivia every month to help fund the studies of her then teenage children Sebastian and Carla.
He admitted: ‘We have fallen on hard times as both the family in Bolivia and our livelihood here really depended on Fatima’s income.’
Speaking before Capper handed over cash to the family, he added: ‘I cannot understand how he has shown absolutely no remorse, has not reached out to the family and clearly has no conscience whatsoever.
‘It really puzzles me. What a heartless person he must be.’
Mr Hoz, who is representing Capper in the case of missing Agnese Klavina as well as Fatima Dorado’s manslaughter, said hours after the hit-and-run: ‘He is repentant, ashamed and demoralised.
Capper is also a suspect in the disappearance of Latvian-born Agnese Klavina (left) from a club
‘He’s conscious of the fact he’s taken a human life.
‘He’s admitted what he’s done and he understands he will have to pay the consequences.’
Capper told his lawyer he went out drinking before hitting the mum-of-three after a Spanish court probing him over Miss Klavina’s disappearance turned down his appeal to be allowed to travel Britain briefly to see relatives.
Capper and expat pal Craig Porter, 35, who was also a passenger in the Bentley that killed Fatima Dorado, have admitted driving the missing woman away from the Aqwa Mist nightclub.
Capper claimed he dropped Miss Klavina off near a flat she was staying at for the summer close to the home of former England manager Fabio Capello.
Porter, from Liverpool, said he fell asleep on the back seat of a Mercedes they left the club in before the drop-off.
They were told they were being prosecuted for aggravated unlawful detention after a damning report from a specialist Madrid police team.
It endorsed the findings of an earlier local police report, which included the claims of a criminal psychologist who studied CCTV footage from Aqwa Mist’s car park and concluded the missing Latvian-born woman’s facial expressions and body language showed she did not leave the club voluntarily.
The police files also contain CCTV images showing three unidentified men dragging a large suitcase onto Capper’s motorboat.
The vessel left a port near Marbella soon after MIss Klavina, girlfriend of former London club owner Michael Millis, vanished.
It was seized by police in Cartagena 300 miles away before being swept by forensic experts for DNA.
Fernando Scornik, one of the lawyers representing Miss Klavina’s family, has made the blunt admission he fears she is dead and her body has not been found despite a fingertip search of the Costa del Sol because she is ‘at the bottom of the sea’.
A third man who worked as a doorman at Aqwa Mist is also facing trial.
No date for either of the two trials Capper faces has yet been set.
Aqwa Mist is a summer favourite of Premier League footballers and Hollywood star Eva Longoria, American actor and singer Terence Howard and boxer Amir Khan have also partied there since its opening in June 2012.
Towie star Jake Hall, 26, almost lost a kidney there after being stabbed with a broken bottle last May when he was caught up in a wild nightclub fight between two rival gangs of Brits.
- London and Madrid are now facing WORSE coronavirus outbreaks than Italy's worst-hit region of Lombardy with deaths doubling every TWO days - but New York's mortality rate is outpacing them all - as global fatalities hit 18,574
- Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers brand rapist’s 23-year prison term ‘cowardly’ and accuse judge of ‘caving’
- Spanish police use megaphones to tell people to stay indoors or face £25,000 fines as coronavirus deaths DOUBLE to 288 overnight - and British tourists scramble to leave the country
- Spain will shut its land borders to halt the spread of coronavirus, as British tourists scramble back to UK and Benidorm cops set up sunbeds to say STAY AT HOME
- Novak Selby refused bail over crash that killed firefighter Mat Kavanagh during Victorian bushfires
- 'It's just a flu, have a beer - happy days!' Benidorm Britons keep on boozing in the sun and ignore bewildered police trying to get them to isolate amid Spain's coronavirus crisis
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared review – laughs are lost in translation
- School bus driver charged in fatal Minnesota hit-and-run
- Just one more Big Mac! Fast-food fans queue at McDonald's drive-thrus for a final meal before burger giant closes all UK branches at 7pm today amid coronavirus shutdown
- Coronavirus update: UK volunteers help NHS, Spain overtakes China's death toll, pandemic reaches Russia
- War of the wild: How trendy metropolitan eco-zealots with close ties to Boris Johnson are set on driving out traditional farming and 'rewilding' the land
- Killing the king of cocaine
- What to watch on Netflix when you’ve run out of things to watch
- Hotter than hell! 'Vicious' Saharan Bubble heatwave roasting Europe kills three swimmers as France bans a MILLION polluting cars from Paris and shuts schools with temperatures set to top 112F
- Goodbye Mr Big... Hello Mr Cub: That's the buzzword for a hot younger lover... just one of the new tribes of men Sex And The City author Candace Bushnell says have transformed dating for divorcees
- These are worth a peek! From Killing Eve to Peaky Blinders, here's our guide to the top TV dramas you can watch at home to take the edge off the coronavirus lockdown
- Boy hero, 16, who tended to wounded woman on beach despite being hit and watching three members of his family die is finally reunited with his mother in Britain
- UK's coronavirus death toll rises 33 to 137 with the youngest just 47 as Scotland's fatality count DOUBLES in a day and Northern Ireland confirms its first victim
- Accusing the Wombles of being racist is an insult to my mum's memory: Elisabeth Beresford's son hits out at right-on revamp of the classic show
- Drunk woman forcibly held friend's son, 7, under pool water shouting 'he is evil'
British millionaire's son faces just two years in prison for killing a woman in a drink-drive hit-and-run while on bail in Spain over the disappearance of a young woman have 1541 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 28, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.