Lao Cai (VNA) â President Tran Dai Quang on January 13 visited and presented Lunar New Year (Tet) gifts to state policy beneficiaries, poor households in Gia Phu commune, Bao Thang district, and Ban Khoang commune, Sa Pa district, in the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai.
Gia Phu and Ban Khoang are poor localities of which residents are from ethnic minority groups. As many as 65.4 percent of families in Ban Khoang are poor, while other 19.6 percent are living close to poverty line.
Apart from asking for support in caring for locals during the most important festival of the year, local authorities have also planned to organise a number of traditional festivals of ethnic minority groups during Tet as well as other cultural events as part of efforts to give local a happy Tet.
President Tran Dai Quang asked local government in Bao Thang and Sa Pa districts as well as Lao Cai province to pay more attention to building new-style rural areas and boosting the provinceâs growth in all fields.
He stressed that building a stable life for all people as well as sustainable development is important part of targets in the cause of constructing and developing a socialist country with wealth, justice, democracy, and civilisation.
The State leader requested Lao Cai to promote the internal strength, while strengthening the application of advanced technology, seeking new production models to suit its specific conditions.
He suggested that Lao Cai expand the model of fish farming, and cultivating plant varieties with high productivity to increase output and quality of farm produce.-VNA
- Argo Athletic Band drums up support with $50K gift
- Manitowoc Silver Lake College Gift of Dreams exceeds $250K goal
- A POW with John McCain in Vietnam to receive Arlington Cemetery burial
- Hidden Heroes: Tell us who is making a difference in your world
- Letters to the Editor, Monday, Jan. 14, 2019
- 5 people who inspired us in 2018 -- and the impact they continue to have
- David Axelrod: Obama's legacy can't be erased
- Shopper News blog: Brew pubs, nature projects build South Knox profile in 2018
- Deborah Eisenberg, Chronicler of American Insanity
- Arctic League broadcast raises more than $53,000
- America’s Queen of Comedy Already Has Her Next Punchline
- Fact-checking Trump’s CPAC speech
- Fact check: Trump overstates impact of immigration bill
- RetroIndy: Little America and Wonderland kiddie park
President presents Tet gifts to the needy in Lao Cai have 373 words, post on at March 29, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.