NEW ORLEANS (AP) Louisiana’s agriculture secretary says a track-wide quarantine at the New Orleans Fair Grounds could end by Saturday, since the last new equine herpes infection was detected Dec. 31.
Horses in 42 barns where no horse ever showed a sign of illness could be allowed to leave as soon as Saturday, a news release Wednesday said.
But six barns remain under quarantine because horses in them were exposed to the virus. In addition, 39 horses that tested positive are being cared for in an isolation barn.
The virus, called EHV-1, is latent in many horses, but symptoms can emerge periodically, making it contagious. It can cause breathing or brain problems, as well as aborted or unhealthy pregnancies.
Every horse that tested positive will remain isolated until it tests negative, Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain said. Horses that were exposed to the disease but do not test positive will remain quarantined and will be released on a case-by-case basis.
Strain said the same procedure will be followed with 65 horses that were sent in for a race day and may have been exposed in the receiving barn to a horse with the virus.
- Covid19: Gujarat Cities Develops Apps to Track Quarantined People
- Covid19: Gujarat develops apps to track quarantined people
- Coronavirus Roundup: New Bay Area Deaths; Newsom Launching Testing Hubs; Grand Princess Quarantine Ends
- Today’s Cry Is Brought to You by Ben Gibbard’s New Song, ‘Life in Quarantine’
- Taiwan's new 'electronic fence' for quarantines leads wave of virus monitoring
- Raven-Symone on Possible Cheetah Girls Reunion After Quarantine Ends
- Killing Eve season 3 release date: New episodes fast-tracked on ABC iview
- COVID-19: Madurai Kavalan app uses GPS tracking for the Coronavirus pandemic
- Chinese county with over half a million people goes into NEW LOCKDOWN to prevent a fresh coronavirus crisis after detecting three patients with no symptoms
- Check Out Charlie Puth and His 'Quarantine Blues'
- No quarantine, but strong travel advisory to be issued, says Prez Donald Trump
- Trump backs off quarantine idea, travel advisory for CT
- This is Sydney 2020: Police officers escort returning travellers off a bus and into a hotel to be forcibly quarantined as NSW Premier warns 5,000 people will be imprisoned in hotels EVERY DAY
- Darwin traveller to pay for coronavirus quarantine twice to protect mum
- What’s New on Netflix, Hulu, HBO and Amazon in April: A Streaming Guide for Coronavirus Quarantine
- ‘We Will Not Let New Yorkers Be Discriminated Against’: Cuomo Says R.I. Will End Coronavirus Police Stops
- Why are California and New York different in the virus crisis?
- New Zealand stand firm with 14 to edge out England at Twickenham
- Coronavirus pandemic | IIT Bombay launches 'CORONTINE' to track people escaping quarantine
- State Department says it has repatriated 15,000 Americans but is tracking tens of thousands more
No new equine herpes at track; some quarantine could end have 444 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 18, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.