(CPV) – Hanoi tourism will focus on developing complete product chains for visitors of different markets.
In 2017, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and the Hanoi Department of Tourism, businesses and destinations must closely cooperate in all activities to become model links for other localities. It must choose key events and products to attract tourists.
Specifically, ASEAN markets with products of world heritage tourism services, experience of culture and local life, tourism products in combination with conference, seminar, exhibition, organization of events such as Meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE), golf, resort, tourism products in association with other tourism destinations on the East-West corridor.
Japanese market will be provided products of cultural, historical, cuisine, shopping tourism services, trade village products, resort tourism for the elderly and MICE tourism. The Korean market will be provided products of cultural historical tourism services, entertainment and health care.
In addition, Hanoi also pays attention to tourists from China, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Western Europe, North America, domestic tourists going to Hanoi and tourists within Hanoi.
Besides markets having large numbers of tourists, Hanoi should choose one or two markets in the Southeast Asian region to prioritize to build products, services and promotion. Then, demand for tourism to Hanoi will spread to other Southeast Asian countries because the number of visitors from this region going to Hanoi is still limited.
Moreover, travel firms and transport companies should further accelerate their link to stimulate the local market by giving incentives to domestic travellers to Hanoi, in which, aviation and railways are the two most important types. For example, thanks to close links among businesses and many preferential policies for visitors, in just over 1 month, Ho Chi Minh city has attracted more than 13 thousand visitors by train, which is considered to be less dominant transport type compared to other vehicles.
The Hanoi Department of Tourism will host activities to link groups of travel agencies, destinations and tourism service facilities to build product chains to serve tourists from markets to Hanoi and from Hanoi to other provinces.
With over 21.8 million arrivals of tourists in 2016, the total revenue from tourists of Hanoi reached over VND62,000 billion, an increase of 13% compared to the previous year. However, the total revenue from tourists is not yet commensurate with the potential and status of a national and regional tourist centre.
From now to 2020, Hanoi’s tourism sector expects to increase its revenue from 15-17%/year, higher than the plan of 12.63% and striving to reach the target of VND110,000-120,000 billion by 2020.
This year alone, it sets a target to welcome 23.39 million arrivals and total revenues reaching over VND66,000 billion./.
- Hanoi needs more policies to develop key industrial products
- Hanoi needs more efficient policies to develop key industrial products
- Ha Noi needs more efficient policies to develop key industrial products
- EU-funded project to sustainably develop clam, bamboo value chains
- Hà Nội needs more efficient policies to develop key industrial products
- Saigontourist cooperates with Quang Ninh in tourism development
- Hanoi receives first tourists in 2020
- Hanoi to invest $11.4 million on OCOP programme
- Foreign tourists visits to Hanoi sharply rise
- Vietnam achieves stellar tourism growth
- Bac Ninh’s IPs target 1.2 quadrillion VND in industrial production value
- Enhancing competitiveness for agricultural products
- Hanoi chairman instructs to improve pedestrian street
- Literature tourism could be just write for Hue
- Saigontourist, Quang Ninh join hands in tourism development
- Literature tourism could be just write for Huế
- Pakistan is a land with untapped tourism potential: PM Imran
- Vietnam urged deeper integration into global agricultural value chain
- Vietnamese organic products to be displayed at ThaiFex 2018
- Heritages prove to be driver of Hanoi’s tourism development
Hanoi develops various tourism product chains have 588 words, post on at January 24, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.