- Tropical depression weakens into low pressure zone in central territorial waters
- North prepares for floods as tropical storm approaches
- ‘Mujigae’ storm to make landfall in China
- Typhoon Khanun to weaken into tropical depression
- Tropical depressions threaten southern & south- central territorial waters
The National Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting this morning warned that the tropical low-pressure system, with strongest winds of 50km per hour in its eye, was moving north-west at 15km per hour.
By 7am tomorrow, the tropical low-pressure system is predicted to be 90km southeast of the coast, stretching from Bình Thuận Province to Bến Tre Province.
In response to the situation, Tăng Quốc Chính, deputy chief of the National Committee on Natural Disasters Prevention and Control’s Office, yesterday sent an urgent message ordering localities to mobilise all forces to deal with emergencies triggered by the tropical low-pressure system.
The localities were required to update all vessels about the tropical low-pressure system’s latest developments so that they could actively find safe anchorage, he said.