Disney times their movies’ releases impeccably especially around the holidays when the biggest turnouts are expected to happen. With the Marvel’s Doctor Strange already making leaps and strides on the box office, Disney decided to take the fare to older and beloved animated movies.
With it’s latest feature in Moana, the movie is about a Polynesian princess taking the help of demigod Maui to defeat the monsters set to destroy her island.
The first of its kind, the movie offers the promise of adventure and exploring a new side of the world for the holiday movie goers and especially children who make up for the biggest dynamic for animated movies, the movie has already hauled in a great $88 million from the for the five-day Thanksgiving holiday period.
Moana opened with plenty of box office power by taking in $2.6 million at Tuesday night preview showings starting at 7 p.m. in North America. The movie is also projected to earn roughly $13 million to $14 million on Wednesday from 3,875 theaters.
With the weekend collection along with the Thanksgiving holidays, Moana could score a five-day opening of $75 million or more, and possibly north of $80 million, according to Variety.
With so much earnings expected to come to the tills, Moana is even expected to match the all-time Thanksgiving record of $93.4 million for the five days, set three years ago by Disney’s “Frozen.”
The other holidays fare include J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them that has already collected over $143 million over the Monday and Tuesday showcasing in theatres.
Brad Pitt starrer Allied is also doing well among the movie audience while Warren Beatty’s Rules Don’t Apply did not make the impact on the box office.
- Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson Golf Showdown Set for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson set for pay-per-view Thanksgiving weekend
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ earns $155 million en route to second-best December opening weekend ever
- DUI arrests up over Thanksgiving weekend, data show
- DUI arrests in Arizona rose during Thanksgiving weekend, data show
- Woods-Mickelson match set for Thanksgiving weekend
- Woods-Mickelson match reportedly set for Thanksgiving weekend
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson confirm heads-up Thanksgiving weekend showdown in Las Vegas
- Thanksgiving weekend travel: Gas prices up, but easing, oil outlook higher
- Woods-Mickelson set for pay-per-view Thanksgiving weekend
- Tiger Woods Vs Phil Mickelson: $10m Head-to-head Set for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Report: Match between Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson will take place Thanksgiving weekend
- Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson set for Thanksgiving weekend, per report
- Tiger Woods-Phil Mickelson set for pay-per-view Thanksgiving weekend
- The Menu: Thanksgiving weekend TV sports and why you should NOT be watching
- Your ultimate Thanksgiving weekend movie guide: A suggestion for every holiday scenario
- ‘Batman v Superman’ overcomes bad reviews, earns $170 million in opening weekend
- ‘Deadpool’ dominates box office again, rakes in $55 million over weekend to lead all movies
- Box office: Stephen King's 'It' smashes records with massive $117 million opening
- How Much Money Will 'Crazy Rich Asians' Earn at the Box Office? Predictions
Moana To Earn $88 Million Over Thanksgiving Weekend have 497 words, post on www.i4u.com at November 23, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.