Terry Francona was already under contract to manage the Cleveland Indians for two more seasons, but after an American League pennant-winning campaign, the franchise has elected to keep him in the dugout even longer. The Indians announced that they have picked up their options on Francona for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.The veteran skipper has been a rousing success in Cleveland, leading the club to an overall 352-294 record (.545) since taking over in 2013. The Indians have finished above .500 in all four seasons and won at least 90 games twice (2013, 2016). Those two years saw the Tribe make the postseason for the first time since 2007. Francona won AL Manager of the Year honors for his work in 2013, and it seems a good bet he will follow suit again this season.Yes, Cleveland squandered a 3-1 lead in the World Series, setting the stage for the Chicago Cubs’ first championship in 108 years. Francona came agonizingly close to soaking up all the accolades and admiration that Joe Maddon and Theo Epstein now enjoy. But “Tito” deserves a lot of credit for the tremendous job he did with this year’s Indians squad.This was a team that everyone seemed… Read full this story
- Houston Rockets announce 2019-2020 regular season schedule
- Can LaMelo Ball Become NBA's No. 1 Overall Pick In 2020?
- Terry Francona To Accompany John Farrell For Lymphoma Chemotherapy
- Cleveland Indians Place Yan Gomes On 15-Day Disabled List
- Terry Francona has eye surgery, misses game
- Brandon Moss Joins Cleveland Indians
- Cleveland Indians Shave Heads To Support MIke Aviles' Daughter With Leukemia
- Cleveland Indians Owner Shaves Head To Support Mike Aviles' Cancer-Stricken Daughter
- St. Louis Cardinals Lose Matt Holliday To Elbow Contusion Vs. Cleveland Indians
- Indians recall 1B Bradley, option P Smith
Cleveland Indians Pick Up 2019 and 2020 Options on Terry Francona have 296 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 5, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.