Donald Trump has dismissed his lewd comments about groping women as ‘locker room talk’ but that was enough to get a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice fired.
‘This is my boardroom, it’s not a locker room,’ Trump told professional wrestler Maria Kanellis-Bennett six years ago on the reality show just before he fired her for using the word ‘crap.’
This was four years before the GOP presidential nominee’s own ‘locker room talk’ would be exposed a month before the election.
Pro-wrestler Maria Kanellis-Bennett appeared on Celebrity Apprentice six years ago and told a story about Australian chef Curtis Stone taking a ‘crap’ in the women’s dressing room
‘This is my boardroom, not a locker room’ Trump told the wrestler before sacking her
Kanellis-Bennett said: ‘I was told I shouldn’t talk like that as a lady, and that, to me, was inequality at its best’
But Kanellis-Bennett thinks Trump has a double standard.
‘What I said is something that happens in the locker room, what he said is not. He fired me for what I said because I am a female,’ Kanellis-Bennett told the New York Daily News on Tuesday.
‘I distinctly remember that after I said what I said, I was told I shouldn’t talk like that as a lady, and that, to me, was inequality at its best. I can’t speak my mind as a female, but he can speak his mind as a male. There’s a problem with that,’ she told the outlet.
Kanellis-Bennett was in the ‘boardroom’ of the reality show during Season Nine when she criticized fellow contestant and professional chef Curtis Stone for coming into the women’s dressing room, using their bathroom, and taking a ‘crap,’ and leaving behind a stench.
‘That’s a little below the belt, don’t you think?’ Trump asked her while pondering her fate in the fake reality show boardroom.
Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis-Bennett says it is a double standard that Trump fired her six years ago on Celebrity Apprentice for using the word ‘crap’ and saying it was ‘locker room talk’
‘Maria, do you regret having said that?’ he pressed.
‘[Stone] said it was unfounded … I just said it was a little arrogant to come into our room and do that,’ she said.
‘Isn’t it sort of gross, bringing that up?’ Trump asked. ‘It’s, like, disgusting. This is my boardroom, it’s not a locker room. Maria, you’re fired.’
Trump, who was caught on hot mic in 2005 making lewd comments about women, including hitting on a married woman ‘like a b*itch,’ and grabbing women’s ‘pu**ies,’ has repeatedly dismissed his words as nothing more than ‘locker room talk.’
After being asked repeatedly by Anderson Cooper during the second debate if he had engaged in any of the behavior he bragged about while on the mic, Trump said, ‘No, I didn’t.’
Maria Kanellis-Bennett, as she appeared above on Celebrity Apprentice, was fired for using crude language, despite Trump using much cruder language to describe what he says he did to women while on an Access Hollywood bus
‘When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything … Grab them by the p***y. You can do anything,’ Trump is heard saying on hot mic while riding with Billy Bush in an Access Hollywood bus.
The comments caused outrage, but Trump repeatedly defended them as ‘locker room talk.’
‘I don’t think you understood what was – this was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people. Certainly I’m not proud of it. But this is locker room talk,’ he said, according to CNN.
Suspended host Billy Bush may not ever be back to The Today Show following being caught on hot mic egging on Donald Trump as he boasted about grabbing women by the genitals and hitting on a married woman
‘Yes, I’m very embarrassed by it. I hate it. But it’s locker room talk, and it’s one of those things. I will knock the hell out of ISIS. We’re going to defeat ISIS. ISIS happened a number of years ago in a vacuum that was left because of bad judgment. And I will tell you, I will take care of ISIS,’ he said during the debates, veering off topic.
‘It was locker room talk, as I told you. That was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I am a person who has great respect for people, for my family, for the people of this country. And certainly, I’m not proud of it. But that was something that happened.’
Kanellis-Bennett blasted him on Twitter the day after the hot mic recording surfaced, saying on Twitter ‘How can you make light of these comments? It’s been a horrible 24hrs for the women who have been affected by abusive comments and actions.’
- Donald Trump Thinks He’s a Reality-TV ‘Ratings Machine.’ History Tells a Different Story.
- US President Donald Trump bemoans how 'mere' sexual abuse allegations lead to resignations
- How Confused Are the Celebrities Who Endorse Donald Trump?
- Teresa Giudice Says She Hasn't Talked to Donald Trump About Stopping Joe's Deportation
- Donald Trump sacks John Bolton, moves Iran to backburner, but he has other foreign policy dramas
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Goes After Donald Trump on Twitter Accompanied by Huge Fan Thread
- Physically Attacked by Donald Trump — a PEOPLE Writer's Own Harrowing Story
- Donald Trump’s Campaign Against Reality in Iowa
- Donald Trump Names Neil Gorsuch Winner Of ‘Extreme Makeover: SCOTUS Edition’ In Primetime Special
- Donald Trump’s Iowa Shock and Awe Campaign
- Full video is released showing Donald Trump's order to fire Ukraine ambassador Marie Yovanovitch at fundraising dinner with Rudy's lackeys Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman
- Donald Trump Doubles Down on 'Woman' Attack on Hillary Clinton
- Democrats troll Donald Trump at his impeachment trial by playing tape of his hate target John McCain saying 'we are all Ukrainians' and country needed to be propped up in face of Russian aggression
- How Donald Trump seduced America’s white working class
- 'Totally partisan Impeachment Hoax!' Donald Trump complains about how he's been treated 'unfairly' after his lawyers accused Democrats of trying to overturn his election in the first day of defense at impeachment trial
- The end is in sight! Democrats will finish their case against Donald Trump TODAY as Republicans slam them for being boring and the president complains about the Saturday start time for his defense team, calling it 'Death Valley in T.V.'
- John Bolton's own deputy demands he pull $2 million tell-all book about his time with Donald Trump until AFTER the election as president's remaining allies call former national security advisor a 'backstabber'
- Kim Kardashian Opens Up About Speaking to President Donald Trump: 'I Am Very Hopeful'
- John Roberts reprimands BOTH sides in Donald Trump's impeachment trial for calling each other traitors and liars after Senate blows past midnight as Democrats lose caustic battle to get witnesses and evidence
'This is my boardroom, not a locker room': Celebrity Apprentice contestant who was fired by Donald Trump six years ago for saying 'crap' on reality show calls him a hypocrite have 1190 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 12, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.