LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) The Latest on a the arrest of three men in connection with the shooting death of the 15-year-old daughter of Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay (all times local):
Several thousand people have joined Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay at a candlelight vigil in Kentucky to honor Gay’s 15-year-old daughter, who was fatally shot over the weekend.
Gay stood Monday night amid the emotional crowd on the track at Lexington’s Lafayette High School where he and daughter Trinity had excelled at the sport. He thanked people for showing support after his daughter’s death early Sunday after gunfire erupted outside a restaurant in Lexington.
”I want you guys to love each other, have peace and protect each other,” Gay said, adding he was numb from crying over his daughter’s death. ”That’s what Trinity would have wanted … Life is not a joke.”
Many in the crowd wore pink and purple – Gay’s favorite colors – with some holding up balloons in those hues that were released into the air. Several pairs of track spikes hung from a fence.
Trinity Gay was a standout sprinter, placing in the top five in several events at the state championships in May. Her father, who competed in the last three Summer Olympics, still holds the state record in the 100 set in 2001.
Three men have pleaded not guilty and face an Oct. 25 court date on charges connected to the shooting death of Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay’s 15-year-old daughter.
The three appeared Monday via video before Fayette County, Kentucky, District Court Judge T. Bruce Bell.
Bell set bail at $5,000 each for 38-year-old Chazerae Taylor and his son, 19-year-old D’Markeo Taylor, on wanton endangerment charges. Twenty-one-year-old Dvonta Middlebrooks is charged with wanton endangerment and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. His bail was set at $12,500.
Bell will assign attorneys for two of them. The younger Taylor already has a lawyer.
Lexington police say Middlebrooks was in the parking lot of the Cook Out restaurant and fired multiple shots in the incident in which Trinity Gay was killed early Sunday. Court records show the Taylors admitted also firing shots.
A father and son are the latest arrests in the investigation into the fatal shooting of the 15-year-old daughter of Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay.
Trinity Gay died at a Lexington, Kentucky, hospital Sunday after police say she was fatally shot in the neck around 4 a.m. during a shootout between people in two parked vehicles in the parking lot of a nearby restaurant.
In a statement, Lexington police say 38-year-old Chazerae Taylor and his 19-year-old son D’Markeo are charged with wanton endangerment in the early Sunday shooting. Police charged another man, 21-year-old Dvonta Middlebrooks, with the same count and a weapons charge. Investigators say Middlebrooks was in the lot and fired multiple shots. Police say they’ve also found two vehicles involved.
Trinity Gay was a star track athlete at Lexington’s Lafayette High.
- Shocking moment gran, 61, is mowed down by a POLICE CAR during vigil for Stephon Clark, who was shot dead by cops
- Who was Dale Winton, what was the Supermarket Sweep star’s cause of death and when did he ‘marry’ Nell McAndrew?
- Who was Dale Winton, what was the Supermarket Sweep host’s cause of death and when did he ‘marry’ Nell McAndrew?
- A Death in Berlin: Deafening Silence After Overdose at Berghain
- Alesha MacPhail murder: Bute residents told ‘stay vigilant’ as car is seized
- LIVE: Horrified witnesses give evidence in bouncy castle death trial
- Is it safe to travel to Turkey? Latest travel and holiday advice as Syria tensions escalate
- LIVE: Two Cambridgeshire fairground workers face trial over causing girl's death
- Latest: Jastine Valdez murder suspect, Mark Hennessy, died after single gunshot ricocheted into artery
- Man orders girlfriend to rape his son, 11, 'because he believed he was gay'
- Centre-left candidate Carlos Alvarado Quesada, 38, wins Costa Rica presidency after promising to allow gay marriage
- Jimmy Jump's vigil outside Puigdemont's prison, on live TV
- When did Steve Ditko create Spider Man, what other Marvel Comics did he work on and when was his death?
- Mum dies of bowel cancer at 53 – as daughter discovers she’s battling the SAME disease aged just 28
- Robbers jailed for father's stab death
- UK weather latest: Travel disruption as Met Office issues yellow warnings for snow and heavy rain
- Seo Min-Woo death: 100% lead singer and K-pop star dies aged 33
- China's 'Jack the Ripper' sentenced to death for eleven murders
- US weather latest: Cold snap across America to break records for April weather
- Bill Cosby trial latest: Janice Dickinson tells court the comedian drugged and raped her in 1982
The Latest: Tyson Gay at large vigil after daughter's death have 764 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 17, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.