NGHỆ AN – A delegation of the health department in the central province of Nghệ An yesterday visited Diễn Châu District to directly instruct locals to urgently control the spread of the dengue disease.
The dengue epidemic is making an appearance again in the region after 10 years and is spreading rapidly to other localities, according to the department.
Some 37 cases of dengue fever were reported in Diễn Thịnh Commune by the end of Monday.
Seven of these cases were being treated at the district’s General Hospital.
Yesterday, two more cases of dengue were also reported and were being treated at the local health centre.
Cao Đình Minh, director of the Preventive Medicine Centre of Diễn Châu District, said the centre took blood samples from two patients, who had high fever and headaches, for tests in late September.
The results were positive for dengue for the two patients in Diễn Thịnh Commune, Minh said.
More doctors from the district hospital arrived there to help local health officials provide treatment to patients, according to the official.
Nearly 200 litres of chemical had been supplied to locals to be sprayed for killing mosquitoes. Activities to clean up the environment had been also undertaken to prevent an outbreak.
Public awareness on the epidemic was also being raised in the whole region, Cao Hiếu, chairman of the district People’s Committee, said. – VNS
- Mosquito that spreads deadly dengue fever and zika virus discovered on Canary Islands as thousands of Brits head for winter sun
- Preventive measures: Sindh out to prevent spread of dengue
- Government offices told to maintain vigilance against dengue
- After the Philippines: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa pulls plug on dengue vaccine
- Cabinet committee approves regularisation of dengue staff
- Canary Islands holiday hotspot has an outbreak of deadly dengue and yellow fever viruses
- Fears over killer ‘Ebola-like’ plague in Caribbean after boy, 8, dies of ‘internal bleeding’ fever in Jamaica
- How Sanofi's setback could lead to better dengue vaccines
- England hit by 50 year spike in scarlet fever
- Black death warning in NINE countries – including Irish holiday hotspots – amid fears PLAGUE could spread on flights from Madagascar
- Scarlet fever cases soar by 50% in the last week after outbreaks reach a 50-year high – here are the signs you kid is at risk
- Doctors baffled as scarlet fever outbreaks reach 50-year high – here’s the signs your kid’s at risk
- Doctors baffled as scarlet fever outbreaks reach 50-year high – here are the signs your kid’s at risk
- More than 50 cases of scarlet fever recorded in Cumbria this year
- Scarlet Fever cases reported in south London
- Scarlet fever cases the 'highest since the 1960s'
- Scarlet Fever cases reported in south London: here's how many, where and what to look for
- What is scarlet fever, can adults get it as well as children, is it contagious and how is it treated?
- Parents urged to be vigilant after confirmed scarlet fever cases in schools
- Warning after rise in scarlet fever cases across Wirral
Risk of dengue fever spreading in Nghệ An have 484 words, post on at October 12, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.