- Hanoi & HCM City to host entertainment activities for National Day holidays
- HCM City to host entertainment activities for National Day holidays
- Tourist destinations busy on National Day holiday
- Ho Chi Minh City to host entertainment activities for National Day holiday
- Ha Noi welcomes over 207,000 visitors during National Day holiday
The city received more than 22,000 foreign holiday-makers, a rise of 11% against 2015, and 185,000 domestic vacationers, up 23%. Total tourism revenues were estimated at over VND526 billion.
In order to further develop its tourism industry, Hanoi has recently begun focussing on promoting its more popular sites and improving the quality of tourism products and events in the city.
To mark the holiday this year, Hanoi has launched pedestrian streets around Hoan Kiem Lake.
Some streets, such as Dinh Tien Hoang and Hang Khay, will be completely closed to motor vehicles, while on some others, such as Trang Tien and Hang Bai, only the sections adjacent to Hoan Kiem Lake will be shut down.
Police officers were deployed to direct traffic from afar while the transport department will also open new spaces to park vehicles near the pedestrian area.
The new regulation is effective from 7pm on Fridays to midnight Sundays.
In another move to boost tourism, the capital city will provide free Wi-Fi access to the Hoan Kiem Lake area, where tourists will be able to enjoy the service for up to 30 minutes after entering their phone numbers. Wi-Fi broadcasting stations will be installed at 21 sites around the lake.