Worried parents were asked to phone in to This Morning so they could get help with their children’s online habits.
But those watching at home were furious that some of the callers appeared ‘delusional’ over what their kids got up to on the internet.
Earlier in the show Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield had spoken with the mother of mudered teen Breck Bednar who had been groomed online by known paedophile Lewis Daynes who was recently jailed for life for stabbing the 14-year-old.
Lorin LaFave wanted to encourage schools to educate children about online grooming and the meaning behind other activities like sexting and revenge porn: “I think education is key. We need this to be brought into the curriculum so every child understands what grooming is.
“Every child would get this opportunity to get these life lessons.”
One upset parent called Beth phoned in to talk to Lorin and the experts about her 13-year-old daughter who had begun talking to someone online.
“She has been talking to somebody online and she is just not herself anymore. I am just really worried this person isn’t who they say she is.
“He says he lives in America and next year he wants to come over and meet her. He says he is also 13. She’s changed,” the worried parent explained.
An emotional Lorin said her story was very “close to home” and urged the woman to ask to see the person’s face.
Some viewers had their own way of dealing with the woman’s problems with her daughter: “Your 13 yr old getting groomed online?! Don’t let her have social media and take damn computer away! Your the adult…[sic]”
While one fumed: “Are these parents delusional??? Who lets their child have that much freedom on social media #thismorning.”
As another person said: “Can’t believe this. If I thought my daughter was being groomed online the internet would be cut off.”
* This Morning is on weekdays, ITV at 10.30am
- Bill Would Allow Parents Say over Drag Queen Story Hours in Taxpayer-Funded Libraries
- Parents warned to stop their children using YOLO app as expert describes it as 'an open door for sexual predators'
- New Facebook tool lets parents see who their child is chatting to on the Messenger app and what photos and videos they are sharing
- Mother-of-three who lets her children decide when to eat and sleep and teaches them reading using Minecraft and street signs is slammed as 'lazy' by shocked GMB viewers
- Facebook to let parents view their children's chat history in bid to protect them
- Adults only: the battle to keep online pornography from Britain’s children
- Children at risk waiting for social media grooming law
- Jennifer Lopez and Shakira Blasted by Parents Who Thought Super Bowl Halftime Show Was Inappropriate
- Fake modelling Instagram account is asking children for pictures in 'a bikini, then unclothed'
- This Morning: Holly Willoughby appears broody after cuddling 'miracle baby'
- Alleged Jackson Victim Admits He Still Feels Protective of Michael: 'I Felt Like I Let Him Down'
- Grooming Murder Victim's Mum: 'Police Let Me Down'
- 'He is so, so sorry': Emotional parents of 'drunk' driver accused of killing four children on a footpath say their son has a 'good heart' - and reveal they lost their own daughter in tragic circumstances
- Now coronavirus fears hit school attended by super-spreader's children: Pupils told 'stay at home' and staff 'self-isolate' as two GP surgeries, pub, care home and YOGA class are caught in Brighton's deadly disease trail
- 'They are devils': China's parents demand answers over vaccine scandal
- SpaceX nails another launch, but fails to catch the fairing
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: Mothers share anguish over children left brain-damaged by drinking during pregnancy
- Gayle King noticeably absent from ‘CBS This Morning’ after trashing network over interview clip
- 'I cried every day for a year after I moved in with Rio Ferdinand': Reality TV star who married the grieving footballer reveals her struggles at becoming the 'perfect wife' and taking care of his three children
- 'They said it would NEVER happen again': Flood-hit Yorkshire locals rage as 400 homes and businesses are submerged by water and SEWAGE after 'absolute joke' £30m defences fail for second time in five years
'Delusional' parents blasted for failing to protect children from online grooming by This Morning viewers have 734 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 15, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.