THIS car is the latest luxury offering to be teased by Mercedes – a six-metre-long electric motor which can charge faster than your mobile phone.
The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 offers a glimpse into the future of driving, aiming to combine timeless design with state-of-the-art technology.
Boasting a 750 horsepower engine, the car will be able to go from 0-60 miles per hour in under four seconds, and can charge 62 miles in five minutes with the average phone charger.
And the electric Maybach 6, so named for its six metre length, may be a big beast, but driving it will feel so good that it’ll put you off the idea of self-driving cars.
Mercedes-Benz are certain that driverless motors will be redundant for wealthy petrolheads, since the thrill of driving luxury cars is never going to go out of fashion.
Design head Gorden Wagener told Bloomberg: “This is a car you want to drive yourself.
“This is something you pass to your children, like a Leica camera or a chronograph watch. Driving has been a pleasure since 130 years and will stay that way another 130 years.”
Designers looked to unlikely inspiration whilst crafting this stunning concept, with the car’s extended rear based on the smooth curves of a luxury yacht.
Meanwhile, the front windscreen features a transparent display which can be controlled by gesturing at it, whilst the doors and dashboard keep it classy with a traditional wood trim.
Design guru Gorden added: “Our glamorous coupé, the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6, represents the ultimate in contemporary luxury. It is hot and cool.
“With its intelligent appeal and reduced, technoid look, it perfectly embodies our design philosophy of sensual purity and our pursuit of aerodynamic efficiency.”
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury SUV unveiled: All-electric, 750 hp and a built-in tea kettle
- Tesla unveils luxury sports car Roadster
- Mercedes offers Vision of Ultimate Luxury
- This SUV-Car Mashup is the Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury Concept
- World premiere of Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury Concept Looms Large At Chinese Expo
- Report: Mercedes-Maybach SUV due in 2019
- Mercedes-Maybach SUV Coming in 2019, Report Says
- Simply the best: First test Mercedes S-Class facelift vs BMW 7 Series
- World’s first off-road electric supercar has been spied testing with 0-60mph in 1.8 SECONDS
- The hidden costs of owning an electric car – so is it really cheaper than a petrol or diesel?
- First Look- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Luxury Concept
- Mercedes-Maybach displays Ultimate Luxury concept
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury: Top 5 Features, Photos, Video
- 2018 Mercedes-Maybach Vision Ultimate Luxury @ Top Speed
- 2018 Mercedes-Maybach S650 Review & Test Drive
- Beijing auto show: Electric Buick, Nissan off-roader, Lexus ES debut
- 2019 MERCEDES GLS gets ready for Beijing preview
- Mercedes-AMG Could Expand G-Wagen Lineup With G63 S, Maybach Variants
- Mercedes Teases Maybach Crossover Concept One More Time Before Tomorrow's Debut
Mercedes unveils luxury electric Maybach which can charge faster than your phone and go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds have 441 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 21, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.