Unlike most superstar athletes, LeBron James has never shied away from commenting on controversial racial issues.
In the past, James has ripped former Clippers owner Don Sterling over his racially insensitive comments (“There’s no room for Donald Sterling in this league”) and wore an “I Can’t Breathe” T-shirt when his Cavaliers visited Brooklyn to protest the death of Eric Garner at the hands of the NYPD.
On Thursday night, James tweeted out a Time magazine article about the life of Philando Castile, who was shot and killed by police in Minnesota after a routine traffic stop.
“This article says it all man!” James tweeted. “Sickens me and I shed multiple tears about it all.”
James followed that up with #PhilandoCastile and #AltonSterling.
- LeBron James apologizes for Instagram post
- 'Jewish money': LeBron James apologizes for rap lyrics post
- Will police shoot down the drones causing mayhem at Gatwick Airport
- Armed police shoot man 'by accident'
- Corsica gunman, 66, shoots dead one and hurts five in Bastia before ‘killing himself in row over a dog’
- 'I saw kid punch a police officer during brawl near Hull school'
- Arrested man told police officer 'I hope your kids die of cancer'
- Gunman, 54, ‘shot wife, 27, their 15-month-old baby and his wife’s grandparents in sickening murder-suicide at Texas ranch’
- Families of high school shooting victims slam comedian Louis CK for mocking massacre that killed 17
- Police name 29-year-old man suspected of Strasbourg shooting
- Top cop, TV star and 'shoot-to-kill' truth seeker: Who was John Stalker?
- Strasbourg shooting victims lie wounded in street after 'terrorist' opens fire
- Anger over 'dangerous' pheasant shoot held on a nature reserve
- Appeal to taxi drivers after murder of Liverpool fan James Taylor
- Armed cop 'unintentionally' shoots man after reports of woman being held in pub
- Shooting reported in Aurora, Illinois
- Police helicopter searching for 'high-risk' person blinded by laser
- Michael Jackson’s family feared star was grooming his own son Blanket and his nephews, police said
- Gatwick drone suspect's parents insist he's innocent and say arrest is 'mad'
- Teen, 18, found with a handgun, a bullet and a balaclava after 8am police chase
LeBron James tweets story about Philando Castile, says it ‘sickens me’ after police shootings have 337 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 7, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.