- “John Doe,” cold case informant, says he was beaten in prison after leak of his identity
- In $10 million suit, inmate says he was told to lie about deal to testify in murder case
Sycamore, Illinois (CNN)An inmate credited with helping to secure a conviction in the nation’s oldest cold case murder trial now alleges that police and prosecutors promised him favors in exchange for his testimony, instructed him to lie about those promises and then failed to hold up their end of the bargain.
Maria Ridulph’s murder went unsolved for half a century. Then detectives pursued a tip, and a man was brought to trial and convicted in the 1957 murder of the 7-year-old in Sycamore, Illinois. Now that man is free. Ann O’Neill’s 2013 series on the case, “Taken,” raised questions about whether the trial was unfairly one-sided.
‘We have slayed our dragon’
Witnesses from G-Block
The quest for a special prosecutor
- Man found guilty of cold case murder of Suzanne Poll at Adelaide stationery shop in 1993
- Suspect charged in 25-year-old cold case murder in Northern California
- Inmate confesses to another killing before his execution, tells cops where to find body
- Meghan Markle WINS bombshell legal appeal over 'private' leaked letter to dad
- Federal grand jury investigating Kansas City cop who allegedly 'exploited and terrorized' Black residents for decades
- Robert Black may have killed 16 children in his evil spree, says ex-cop
- Facebook's Leaked Docs: Here's What You Need to Know
- What we learned from the prosecutors' texts on the Jussie Smollett case
- How much information about you is the Chinese Government accessing through your TikTok account?
- Justice Department Closes Emmett Till Case For A Second Time Over Lack Of Evidence
- Genette Tate murder: Body found washed up on beach in 1979 may be missing schoolgirl says retired cop
- Two top cops in the Bay Area tried to save a family member from sex trafficking. Now they are being investigated
- Trial of Jussie Smollett, accused of lying to police about an alleged hate crime, opens with jury selection
- Emmett Till's family informed Justice Department has concluded probe spurred by book
- Metro mayors back "truth and justice" for Cold War nuclear heroes
- How to beat a cold: The BIZARRE remedy you should try to shift your cold
- Jussie Smollett's trial is coming to a close. These are the key moments in the case
- US man sentenced to life in prison for fatally dosing wife's cereal with heroin
- Little Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, 6, killed by evil dad and stepmum – did cops & council learn nothing from Baby P?
- Evil dad & stepmum jailed for total of 50 years for killing tortured Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, 6, in case that shocked UK
Cold case informant: Cop told me to lie, leak endangered my life have 3731 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 3, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.