Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and World Bank Regional Vice President for East Asia and the Pacific Victoria Kwakwa (Source: VNA)HCM City (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has asked Mekong Delta localities to be aware of the region’s weaknesses, carry out appropriate measures to address difficulties and pursue sustainable agricultural restructuring to ensure locals’ stable livelihoods. He made the request on June 27 while attending the second Mekong Delta Forum, which was jointly held in Ho Chi Minh City by the World Bank, the Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development, Natural Resources and Environment, and Planning and Investment, the Embassies of the Netherlands and Australia in Vietnam and several international organisations. The PM pointed out several shortcomings, including the lack of effective connectivity among regional localities and an appropriate industrial development strategy, and the lack of creativeness in seafood processing although the region accounts for nearly 70 percent of the country’s seafood export turnover. These shortcomings cause locals’ living standards to be not as good as expected, he added. According to him, the Mekong Delta region plays a vital role in Vietnam’s development and the region’s food security, as it is considered Vietnam’s largest rice granary, accounting for 90… Read full this story
- Business chiefs to put 10-year economic plan to PM
- Who IS the favourite to become the next PM? We analyse the race
- Check out: Weak pound a lifeline for re-branded Burberry
- 'Men showing emotion isn't a sign of weakness'
- Don’t mistake US prudence for weakness, Iran warned
- Learning disability work earns Carrick man PM's award
- Chance to 'grow and share' after £34k cash boost
- Growing disparity in fortunes of Europe's legacy airlines
- Kids learn life skills through Junior Police Cadet program
- Orthodox concert banned in Israel, minister criticises PM
Mekong Delta should learn from weaknesses to grow further: PM have 308 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 26, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.