You've probably heard the theory that life as we know it is little more than a computer simulation in which we are all oblivious to. That may sound silly but some of the world's brightest minds including astrophysicist and cosmologist Neil deGrasse Tyson think otherwise .
During the annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate at the American Museum of Natural History last month, Tyson put the odds at 50-50 that we're a simulation.
Pointing out the gap between human and chimpanzee intelligence despite the fact that we share 98 percent of our DNA, he theorized that somewhere out there could be a being whose intelligence is that much greater than ours. If that's the case, he said, it's easy to imagine that everything in our lives is just a creation of some other entity for their entertainment.
At Re/code's Code Conference, serial entrepreneur Elon Musk was asked to touch on this very subject. His remarks may surprise you. The full interview can be watched here .
- Elon Musk reckons we're all living in The Matrix
- Can Elon Musk solve the world’s energy needs through solar power and electric cars?
- In the future, SpaceX’s CEO Elon Musk wants to offer a $500,000 ticket to Mars
- INSIGHTS Elon Musk: Luddite?
- Elon Musk offers first look at Boring Company’s futuristic freeway under L.A.
- Everything you need to know about Neuralink: Elon Musk’s brainy new venture
- Tesla wants to move your driver profile to the cloud, says CEO Elon Musk
- Elon Musk made a video game when he was 12, and you can play it
- Elon Musk wants to send a rocket to Mars — and he wants to do it before 2018
- Elon Musk Blazes Hyperloop Trail
- Tesla Model S priced at $121,000 in China, as Elon Musk anticipates big gains in Asia
- Elon Musk sets the Internet on fire with a tease for Tesla’s mysterious ‘D’
- Infinite Warfare Devs Looked at Elon Musk for a Faithful Image of the Future
- How to make Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 the best sim ever
- Man Quits Job, Makes Living Suing E-mail Spammers
- When Elon Met Larry
- Musk Plots Out Tesla's Next 10 Years
- Google Buys In on Musk's Space Internet Plans
- Musk Heaps Fuel on Tesla Model S Fire
- Who's Right About AI? Musk's Dire Warnings Meet Zuckerberg's Cheerful Optimism
Elon Musk makes the argument that we're living in a simulation have 384 words, post on www.techspot.com at June 2, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.