(VOVworld) – Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh received US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday. Mr. Minh called for close coordination to implement the agreements reached between the two countries’ leaders during President Barack Obama’s visit. Mr. Minh and Mr. Kerry discussed a number of regional and global issues of mutual concern, including the East Sea issue. They agreed that ASEAN should play a central role in regional issues, contributing to the maintenance of peace, stability, and development cooperation in the region.
Prior to their talks, the two officials witnessed the signing of a letter of intent to establish a working group for the Cooperative Humanitarian and Medical Storage Initiative (CHAMSI), which will advance cooperation on humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, a letter of agreement on law enforcement and judicial sector assistance, and a framework agreement, allowing US volunteers to teach English in Hanoi and HCM city within the framework of the Peace Corps program.
- Deputy PM Vuong Dinh Hue appointed Hanoi Party Secretary
- Deputy PM Vuong Dinh Hue takes over baton as Hanoi’s Party chief
- Deputy PM Vương Đình Huệ named Secretary of Hà Nội Party Committee
- Revealed: British coronavirus evacuee who was 'taken ill' on last flight out of Wuhan insists he 'feels fine now' as he is tested for deadly disease - as death toll hits 362
- Adani demands names of CSIRO scientists reviewing groundwater plans
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 7
- A new chapter in the Vietnam-Japan relationship opened
- M.P.’s plan to raise RTI query fee by 10 times draws activists’ ire
- High Infidelity
- 'Man shot dead in London stab frenzy was convicted Islamist terrorist with family links to Lanka'