SEVEROMORSK (Sputnik) – Russian Defense Minister Gen. Sergei Shoigu has arrived on the island of Alexandra Land in the Arctic’s Franz Josef Land Archipelago to inspect the Northern Fleet military personnel’s combat readiness and divisions of the air defense division, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj.-Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Friday.
“The head of the [Defense Ministry] will inspect the military duty of anti-air defense divisions of the Northern Fleet on the island of Alexandra Land in the Franz Josef Land Archipelago, and will also check up on the construction of the unique Arktichesky Trilistnik [Arctic Shamrock] administrative housing complex located on the northernmost point of Russia,” Konashenkov said.
- Russian Navy Day Parade to Be Held Annually – Russian Defense Minister
- NATO Jet That Tried to Approach Plane Carrying Russian Defence Minister Belongs to Spain - Reports
- Indian Team Visits Russian Defense Facilities Amid US Sanctions Threat
- UK Defense Minister's Belligerent Rhetoric Toward Russia, China Absurd - Scholar
- Russia, China Have No Disagreements on Syria - Russian Deputy Defense Minister
- Iran Sees US Drone Incident as Attempt to Force Tehran to Start Talks - Defense Minister
- Defense minister emphasizes national interests in address
- US Intends to Expand Navy Presence in Arctic, Ensure Space Leadership - Shoigu
- Norway's New Remote Observation Post Aims to ‘Keep an Eye’ on Russia's Activities in Arctic – Report
- Swedish Foreign Minister Slams US Approach to Arctic as 'Sad and Dangerous'
- Scientists discover radiation leak '100,000 times normal level' from Russian nuclear sub wreck
- Turkish-Russian missile deal puts NATO on edge
- Moscow to Commission New Yars Missile Units, Avangard Systems - Russian MoD
- Russia to supply Syria with S-300 defense systems
- ‘Game-Changer’: Russian Battle Bot Development Could Eclipse US Program
- Russian Military Releases Satellite Images Confirming US Smuggling of Syrian Oil
- US Air Force Claims Hit Every Target in Syria Strike With Precision
- Russian Foreign Minister Calls Daesh Leader Baghdadi US 'Brainchild'
- Japan to Create Space, Cyberdefense Units, Boost AI Use - Defense Plan
- ‘International State Banditism’: Russian Defence Ministry Explains What US Really Does to Syrian Oil
Russian Defense Minister Inspects Air Defense Units in Arctic have 337 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 18, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.