Legend has it that a long time ago, Ngoc Tri village in Long Bien district faced a dramatic drought, and only one of 12 wells in the village was left with water. Men from Duong and Cho hamlets turned to this well in Dia hamlet for water, but were stopped by the men there. During that time, water was carried in a wooden barrel that had to be dragged along the ground. After the drought, the old men invented the sitting tug of war as a performance in the village’s annual festival in memory of the struggle. Before the festival, Ngoc Tri village selects the participants. They must come from a family of five generations residing in the village. Ngoc Tri has three hamlets: Duong, Dia, Cho. Each is represented by a team. On the day of the event, each hamlet sends offerings before taking part in the games. Each match is between two hamlets. Each hamlet has 24 players and a captain. The rope is passed through a hole in a pillar, which also acts as a divider. Before the game starts, the rope is wedged inside the hole. On both sides, the players sit on either side of the rope. Each player straightens one hand and bends the other, holding the rope held tightly under… Read full this story
- Minority Report is here: Microsoft reveals app that can predict crimes in the future - and could even decide if inmates get parole
- Durant’s 35 points carry Warriors past Rockets in Game 1
- Why do developers release glitchy games?
- New York City's Jack Harrison says England U21 call 'special' after paying £1,200 for own flight to UK
- Is Russia playing a double game in Mueller court battle?
- 'My parents were told to plan my funeral'
- The music industry plays itself at the 2015 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony
- Johnny Manziel: NFL teams have shown interest, playing in CFL 'still on the table'
- Brit used online game Minecraft to groom boys for sex while on holiday in the US
- Kavanaugh accuser calls for FBI investigation before she testifies
If I told you the result has been decided, would you still play the game? have 360 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 11, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.